Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GBA micro

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

pdbhp wrote: »
    Get some face plates and change that puppy to a silver front, it'll look sweet then.

This. Pink micro with silver faceplate looks awesome! I might have an old pic of mine somewhere.

Yep, here:

SDC10525.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's such a nice looking system that it looks good in absolutely any colour. Both those pink ones look brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's such a nice looking system that it looks good in absolutely any colour. Both those pink ones look brilliant.

Yeah they've got a really retro yet fresh feel to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Was looking at the manual for the Famicom edition micro and it said nothing about not being able to change faceplates. Then I found a slip of paper separate to the manual with corrections to a couple of the pages, saying that this version of the micro doesn't come with removable faceplates and doesn't have the adaptor to remove them.

That's where I'd gotten the information from before, but it doesn't explicitly say that the faceplate can't be removed, so I presume it can be. It has the holes for the adaptor but I'd always thought that they were just vestiges from the other micros.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wonder would that work if I swapped the Pink and Blue face plates?
    Somehow I think it would not....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Found my pink gameboy micro, works perfectly still, great nick too. No box though, ah well.
    It's surplus to requirements anyhow as I still have my blue one, must stick it up on adverts at some stage.
    They do seem to be becoming a rarity though, especially when compared to the ubiquitous nature of the previous series iterations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Interchangeable faceplates were never officially supported in Europe for some reason either. It wasn't mentioned in the manual and didn't come with the removal adaptors either. Never knew that about the Famicom micros!
    This guy is doing it "one handed"..,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kurley

So happy to find this thread. Often feel like I'm the only one with a micro after the odd looks I get when playing it on the bus. Have the famicon edition and a silver US one. Great machine.

A couple of years ago I was playing my then silver micro in a play centre while my done was clambering on the climbing frames, a father was transfixed by my gbmicro and aftwr a time had to come over and ask what it was, he was well impressed.
    Of course now I don't think many folk remember the Gameboy brand at all, DS being so dominant over the last 6 years or so.
    I reckon it'll make a comeback at some point though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I was playing my then silver micro in a play centre while my done was clambering on the climbing frames, a father was transfixed by my gbmicro and aftwr a time had to come over and ask what it was, he was well impressed.
    Of course now I don't think many folk remember the Gameboy brand at all, DS being so dominant over the last 6 years or so.

I for one would love to see the re-emergance of the Gameboy brand, it's so iconic and gives me a warm safe feeling when hanging out with my Gameboys.
    Perhaps a next generation gameboy with 3D perhaps.
    What really got me interested in Gameboy all those years ago was the kick ass library of games that it had, I remember going into shops and marvelling at the games, not like today when the shops are full of stupid childish games that even a child would have no interest in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I fancy a GB Micro now too after reading this thread!

Shame the boxed Famicom ones are so pricey. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Was playing one on a flight last year when one of the cabin crew stopped and asked me what I was playing, they thought it was a newly-released console. To be fair it doesn't look out of place next to the psp/(3)DS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Always kinda wanted one of these...was so close to picking one up last year!

Saw an interesting idea on another forum....Imagine if they released a new Gameboy, same form factor but with an SD card slot in place of a cartridge slot.

Then virtual handheld + nice back catalogue = major win :cool:

There is about as much chance of that happening as there is of apple releasing an iphone with an SD card slot and saying "go ahead lads, download as much as you like and pop them in here, Share & Enjoy!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Saw an interesting idea on another forum....Imagine if they released a new Gameboy, same form factor but with an SD card slot in place of a cartridge slot.
    If only there was some way of getting an SD card into a Gameboy cart shell, huh?;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

My nice pink GBA arrived today, love the shape and the screen really is fantastic, small but perfectly formed, everything look greats.

HOWEVER the felcher on ebay who described its condition as "excellent" wasn't being entirely accurate, the tabs at one end of the faceplate are broken so some tool glued it on! completely needless and I had I known I wouldn't have bid on the fecking thing. very annoying, have emailed the seller and will see what he has to say for himself, will probably just keep it, play it and not worry too much about it, I bought it to play it and it works fine, still have my eye on a Famicom edition for the future;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is 45 a bad price for a boxed green one in good nick? Use to have two but younger brother broke the both of them and lost the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kurley

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is 45 a bad price for a boxed green one in good nick? Use to have two but younger brother broke the both of them and lost the games.

I assume that's euro? If the gbm is in good condition then I think that's a good price.

€45 is at the top end for a used console, if it's in perfect condition then it's not too bad, though I did see them for €50 brand new before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

pdbhp wrote: »
    €45 is at the top end for a used console, if it's in perfect condition then it's not too bad, though I did see them for €50 brand new before

Where?

• Advertisement

I have an unboxed pink one I'd be willing to be parted from, if only there was some way, some way to send messages, send messages privately, a private message you could call it...

Where?

XtraDeal in the Square Tallaght, this was ages ago though and they only had 5 at the time.
    I'll be up there later and I'll try remember to check if they still have any

Advertisement