Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screwed?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was attending UCD but had to drop out due to medical reason. I withdrew from UCD two years ago half way through my first year. February. I now am looking to go back to Uni and am applying for NUI but I've been told that because I dropped out of UCD without completing the year I now am going to have to pay registration fee 2000 yos and tuition fee 12000 yos. What am I going to do? I am ringing everyone and getting nowhere. UCD won't accept that I dropped out for medical reason and they won't cut half of the fee off. So I can't afford to go there. Really want to go to Maynooth but now I'm stuck. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I would suggest you contact the college you wish to apply student union welfare officer and give them a detailed email on your current situation. With information regarding what year you were in UCC the exact time you dropped out, what reasons were you live now, were you want to live, and your financial situation.

I would try and get in contact with them now, cause the old SU is still on the go while the new ones(and generally ill advised one) will be starting in June/July. This will also help for you to fill out any forms needed such as grants etc

Advertisement