Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidaying in Wexford?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey,
    A few friends and I are planning a getaway in June to Wexford. There is going to be a group of 9ish people aged between 18 and 20 and we plan on staying there for 5-7 days.

This is the place were looking at http://www.let.ie/holiday-homes/An-Teach-Driocht-1-Skuna-Hill-Donamore-Ballygarret-Ballygarrett-Co-Wexford/16890
    Would this place be easy enough to get to using public transport from Dublin?
    Also I tried googling information about the area and could find nothing, does anybody know about it and the area?

Thanks,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not much to do in Ballygarret for a group of 18-20 year olds.Its not the easiest place to get to unless you have your own transport.The nearest train station is in Gorey,there might be a local link bus but not too sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Is this a joke? You can't be seriously considering this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I second above comments. Bad idea, especially if you don't have any transport. You'll be paying a good bit on taxis. There really is very little to do in that area.

Personally, I'd recommend a relocation, either to Gorey or Courtown for a bit more life

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

get yourselves down to curracloe or rosslare... rosslare would be probably better cause lots of caravan parks and houses to rent...good bit of stuff to do and also you have access to the train daily to wexford town and you could get last train in the evening into town..a taxi/mini bus home between 9 of you wont cost a fortune and alot more to do in wexford town!

curracloe is alot closer than rosslare but youd need taxi's or buses. but of course all available and wont cost alot ! think this is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

Well as I said I haven't got a clue about the area mentioned, so no it's not a joke :)

Thanks for the advice, I'l look around and check out houses to rent around rosslare or courtown :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Rosslare Strand would be good as the train will drop you off within walking distance and there's a few bars, hotels, golf, a nice beach etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Rosslare Strand would be good as the train will drop you off within walking distance and there's a few bars, hotels, golf, a nice beach etc.

+1 on Rosslare,train station slap bang in the middle of it so getting there isn't a problem.You could even use it to get to Wexford Town for a bit of partying,check the thread here for Wexford Pubs and what to do when in the region.
    You could even take the ferry to Fishguard for a booze cruise if that's your thing.......brings back memories:D

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

zerks thats a really good idea too (booze cruise) plus you could always go on a day trip to oakwood as well... http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/home/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

u havin a laugh mate :P hehehe good 1

Advertisement