Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician price to wire and supply outside lights

Options
  • 10-03-2011 5:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi folks, I called an electrician in to price a job for me. What I wanted done was four outside lights to be wired up under the eves of a two story house (one light on each wall)The electrician will supply the lights. They are energy efficient type that come on automatically at dark and go off when bright (Philips 18W p.l I was told, amber light given off). There will also be a single switch put in the hotpress upstairs which all the lights will be wired into for option to switch all off together.. I was told it will cost €700 to do the job. In yer opinion does this price appear realistic with the information I have given.?? Thanks, Whippo...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

It depends really on who's doing the work. If its a registered and certified company then its pricey but not too far off the mark, <SNIP>

Mod edit: We dont encourage tax evasion. Warning given.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

OP you may get better insight on the electrical forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Whippo

jeepers101, thank you for your help. Mod.. I didn't see any tax evasion encouragement and I hope should hope you wouldn't encourage it..

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

OP - the electrician who is working on my house (full rewire) is under RECI and would come in a lot cheaper than that - he has a set fee per point/light.

I doubt he'd travel "much" outside Dublin but you can have his details if you want.

btw - Switch in the hotpress - not exactly user friendly..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Whippo wrote: »
    Hi folks, I called an electrician in to price a job for me. What I wanted done was four outside lights to be wired up under the eves of a two story house (one light on each wall)The electrician will supply the lights. They are energy efficient type that come on automatically at dark and go off when bright (Philips 18W p.l I was told, amber light given off). There will also be a single switch put in the hotpress upstairs which all the lights will be wired into for option to switch all off together.. I was told it will cost €700 to do the job. In yer opinion does this price appear realistic with the information I have given.?? Thanks, Whippo...

yes it does , he is supplying the fittings , labour add it up, add in Vat @ 13.5%
    I would skip the switch in the hot press , its a waste of time those lights have photocells built in

• Advertisement
Advertisement