Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hennas (something to that extent) in Kerry/munster?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 6:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Whats the craic guys,

Just looking for advice here been flirting with the idea of getting a tattoo i designed a while back. Thing is i originally designed it for my neck (i know its a crazy place and quiet a few ppl who get tats done there regret it) thats why im asking about hennas here. gonna test run it before i get something permanently inked on me yano!

so as the title asks any advice on places that do hennas or temp tattoos along those lines in the kerry/munster area!

would also appreciate any feedback from people who have tats on the neck in regards to pain, if they have felt its held them back from jobs etc!

Cheers in advance for the responses

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SuzieDsouza

I have done Mehendi(Henna tatto) thousands of times on my hands and it looks just awesome, specially if you want to go for any kind of traditional functions. The color looks great with marvelous designs made on hands by the experts. But if you want it done on arms or neck, I am worried how much color it would show. But absolutely natural way of tattoo, without harming your skin and giving coolness to your body too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How big would it be? Unless you're heavily tattooed no one reputable is going to do a neck tattoo (real tattoo, not henna) for you. It's really a big decision as it's not hideable and is the first thing people see. It will more than likely affect your job decisions and opportunities. Also if you are going to get henna make absolutely sure it's natural henna which is a red/brown colour. Black henna has lots of chemicals in it and many people have bad allergic reactions to it, which can lead to leaving behind scars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Pingu-D

Not massive but not small enough to miss either! yeah iv heard that about a few places but its not like im rushing into this tattoo either! im 23 i dont see why an establishment would refuse to work on a tattoo based on its placement. i have designed it myself and tried to redesign it for other areas and it jus wouldn look right, the only way id regret getting this tattoo is if i let fear dictate where it will be placed yano. im also well aware what field i want to work in have researched and asked around and to be honest prejudice in interviews doesn bother me all that much! thanks for the response and bigger thanks for the warning on the black henna reactions appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Pingu-D wrote: »
    Not massive but not small enough to miss either! yeah iv heard that about a few places but its not like im rushing into this tattoo either! im 23 i dont see why an establishment would refuse to work on a tattoo based on its placement. i have designed it myself and tried to redesign it for other areas and it jus wouldn look right, the only way id regret getting this tattoo is if i let fear dictate where it will be placed yano. im also well aware what field i want to work in have researched and asked around and to be honest prejudice in interviews doesn bother me all that much! thanks for the response and bigger thanks for the warning on the black henna reactions appreciate it!
    Professionalism.

Professionalism.

dont get me wrong i understand that aspect of it and its reassuring to know that level of professionalism is there but after a chat with me in regards to what i want it should be obvious that iv weighed up the pros and cons! will it really be that difficult to find a reputable, professional tattoo parlour that is willing to tattoo on the neck the first time round?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yes.

one word answers really aren't that helpful but cheers anyways bud!

Advertisement