Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Club

Options
  • 10-03-2011 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Just wondering if there's a surf club type thing in Mayo?

A place for people to turn up to and go surfing in a group rather than going by themselves.

Here in Melbourne they have one and it works great, it's more a social thing but it gets people who would be afraid to go alone off out and in the water. I know they are completely different places but it would be cool if there was a collective that met up every couple of weeks and just went for it using a car pool or whatever and done trips to different parts of the coast.

We have plenty of beaches...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

No there is a west sligo one that's the closest
    http://www.isasurf.ie/surf-clubs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 piddles

keryl wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's a surf club type thing in Mayo?

A place for people to turn up to and go surfing in a group rather than going by themselves.

Here in Melbourne they have one and it works great, it's more a social thing but it gets people who would be afraid to go alone off out and in the water. I know they are completely different places but it would be cool if there was a collective that met up every couple of weeks and just went for it using a car pool or whatever and done trips to different parts of the coast.

We have plenty of beaches...

Ya could always arrange a boards surf meet... i'd be up for that, i'm usually surfing on my own so the company would be great and i'm in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

is therea surf community in mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Not really sure it's a community but the amount of people surfing must be building more and more

• Registered Users Posts: 47 agreenyblue

It´s a tough one: If you have a car you don´t need the extra hassle of picking up/being responsible for/having to listen to people; If you have a couple of surfing mates then the fewer bodies in the water the better; If it´s company your after, go to a popular beach.
    Meets are tough to organize due to the transient nature of the sport.

I thought of setting up a surf shelter on a main route, like a surfers-hitching post (nominal fuel contribution). Would be tough in the winter and there is a lot of snobbery in the surfing community.

• Advertisement
Advertisement