If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereo to Mono Adaptor - Stereo to single ceiling speaker solution

Options
  • 10-03-2011 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hello Dave & John,
    I am looking for something in an adaptor to solve a need I have, would you happen to have anything in a solution to this.
    I think that I need something like a "Stereo to Mono Adaptor" for stereo speaker cables out-putting 50watts at 8omhs from an Amp to feed into a single ceiling speaker rated at 100watts at 8omhs. :confused:

Something like the "KEF CITRSM Stereo to Mono Adaptor". Do you stock anything like this?
    Many thanks,
    Pepsie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Pepsie wrote: »
    Hello Dave & John,
    I am looking for something in an adaptor to solve a need I have, would you happen to have anything in a solution to this.
    I think that I need something like a "Stereo to Mono Adaptor" for stereo speaker cables out-putting 50watts at 8omhs from an Amp to feed into a single ceiling speaker rated at 100watts at 8omhs. :confused:

Something like the "KEF CITRSM Stereo to Mono Adaptor". Do you stock anything like this?
    Many thanks,
    Pepsie

Peps,

thanks for the post & I hope you are keeping well.

That Kef widget has now been discontinued I think - but what I would do is to use a proper single point stereo speaker - these have 2 sets of terminals, a common Bass driver & generally 2 tweeters to reproduce decent stereo from a single point (excellent if you are tight on space)

Have a look here:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/100-series/c165-t2/your-speaker

Thats the SC165T2 which is excellent quality ( I know you already have some MA in ceiling, so you will know just how excellent they are) and they retail at just £99.95 - but we can do a Pepsie price for you ;) (about £79.95)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.