Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please! trouble loading games, sometimes having trouble installing games

• 10-03-2011 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Sometimes when I try to load games, cutscenes would skip or the screen would just freeze and I can't do anything until I eject the disc. Also, I sometimes have trouble installing games. It would get to 6%-7% then I'd get an error "Can't read disc: disc may be dirty, scratched etc.". I'm a very careful owner of my games and most of them, if not all of them, are clean and not scratched. I got a lens cleaner but it still seems to happen so now I'm quite worried that my DVD drive is starting to go. I haven't modded my original Xbox 360 at all. Its as is when I bought it from the shop.

I've went through the steps suggested on xbox.com (clean disc, took HDD out, removed MU, USB drive etc.) but it still happens. Is there any lens cleaner anyone would recommend here or is there anything I can do to solve this? As far as I know, warranty for the X360 is 1-year so mine would be out of warranty now and I'm feeling hesitant to go through the repair service that MS offer ($99!) so would there be any good alternatives to how this could be fixed? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Oh I thought I should mention, I have no problem opening up the X360 myself if I have to. I've built my PC and if I remember reading right, the X360 is built in a very similar way to PCs (data cables, power cables, etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Oh I thought I should mention, I have no problem opening up the X360 myself if I have to. I've built my PC and if I remember reading right, the X360 is built in a very similar way to PCs (data cables, power cables, etc.).

Check online to see if your within warranty, although you might be outside your standard 12 month, your console has a 3 year warranty covering the 3RL and E74 aswell.

Opening the console will void that extended warranty. And the repair is only about €80 euro and you get a new one year warranty.

Try Clearing the System Cache with no disc in the tray, its the bread and butter for disc reading issues and solves most of them 90% of the time.

Advertisement