Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Reader ->Apple Mac compatibility problem

Options
  • 10-03-2011 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Howdy all,

I've come across a bit of a problem that hopefully someone out there will be able to help me with.

For the past 3 years I’ve had a Sony Laptop and have linked my Sony Reader up to it no problem and have been able to do everything that I needed with it and found everything to be great.

Yesterday however I bought a new Macbook Pro and when I try and connect my Reader to the MBP and instead of seeing "Reader" in the Sony Application (As you would similarly see "iPod" in iTunes) it gives me “Error” on the Sony Library Software, as if it can’t read the reader (so to speak) and I can’t load up new books. I’ve checked and both the Mac OS and the Reader Software are the most recent that there is so it’s not a case of needing an update to my software.

I did come across this which was posted on another site: “Sony released an official Mac OS X client for the Reader with the release of the PRS-300 and PRS-600. It is reported to work with the PRS-505, PRS-700, Reader Pocket Edition and Reader Touch Edition. The software works under 10.6 Snow Leopard, but only under 32 bit mode as it relies on a kernel module that does not currently support the optional 64 bit kernel”

But I don’t understand that sentence … how do I get my MBP to go into 32 bit mode? Will I have to do this every time I want to upload books to my Reader?

Any and all help is most appreciated!

The Rook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Thanks a million for that ... everything's working perfectly now !!

Advertisement