Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbery

Options
  • 10-03-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Danielle Tully March 9 at 10:55pm
    PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON......MONDAY NIGHT / TUESDAY MORNING (8th OF MARCH 2011) THE APARTMENT I SHARE WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND OUR FRIEND WAS BROKEN INTO IN DOUGHISKA, WHOEVER DID THIS WAS PROFESSIONAL, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ME & SURVEYING OUR MOVEMENTS FOR SOMETIME PRIOR TO THE ROBBERY. THE REASON WE WERE BROKEN INTO WAS 3 WEEKS AGO I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 5 DOOR OPEL CORSA 1.3TDi ECOFLEX, REGISTRATION xxxxxxxxxxxxxx & THE CAR WAS DARK GREY IN COLOUR.
    WHOMEVER THIS WAS THEY KNEW WHICH BEDROOM WE HAD AS A SPARE ROOM & USED THAT ROOM TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE HOUSE, FORCING THE WINDOW OPEN WITHOUT MUCH/ANY DAMAGE.
    MY CAR HAD NEVER ONCE BEEN IN VIEW FROM THE ROADWAY I ALWAYS PARKED AT THE BACK BEHIND THE OIL TANK, WHICH SHOW'S IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS THEY HAD SEEN ME & WATCHED SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY, OUR APARTMENT IS A LARGE HOUSE SPLIT IN TWO & OUR ONLY ACCESS POINT IS AT THE BACK OF THE HOUSE.
    ONCE INSIDE AS THE THREE OF US SLEPT THEY WENT INTO OUR HOUSEMATE'S ROOM AS HE SLEPT AND TOOK HIS WALLET, THEY WENT THROUGH THE HOTPRESS, ALL THE KITCHEN CUPBOARDS, EVEN THE BOILER ROOM. THEY RAMSACKED THE ENTIRE HOUSE, TAKING WITH THEM A 32" HDMI FALTSCREEN TELEVISION WITH A GREY RIM THE WHOLE WAY ROUND THE EDGE, A CANON PIXMA ALL IN ONE PRINTER SCANNER GREY ON TOP & BLACK AROUND ALL THE SIDES. A PARKARDBELL NOTEBOOK LAPTOP, XBOX ELITE & MANY GAMES A HEADSET & TWO CONTROLLERS ONE BLACK, ONE GREY.
    AND MOST UPSETTING TO ME WAS MY BLACK ADVENT LAPTOP, ON THIS WERE ALL MY PICTURES & MEMORIES OF WHAT HAD TO HAVE BEEN THE MOST SPECIAL PERSON IN MY LIFE MY NAN WHO PASSED AWAY AT THE END OF LAST MARCH. THIS HAD HUGE SENTIMENTAL VALUE, I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO PUT IN INTO WORDS!
    IF ANYONE HEARS OF ANY OF THESE ITEMS BEING BOUGHT OR SOLD OR HAS ANY INFORMATION HOWEVER SMALL I WOULD PLEAD WITH THEM TO CONTACT ME ON (PM) OR BY CONTACTING MILL ST. GARDA STATION GALWAY ON 091-538000.
    THERE PEOPLE WERE PROFESSIONAL AS WE ALL SLEPT THEY WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING AN WE NEVER HEARD A THING.
    AGAIN TO ALL MY FRIENDS, OR ANYONE WHO HAS EVER KNOWN ME I BEG YOU TO PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO ANYONE & EVERYONE YOU MAY KNOW, I MAY BE GRASPING AT STRAWS BUT THAT IS ALL I HAVE, ITS HIGHLY LIKELY MY CAR IS NO LONGER IN GALWAY & COULD EVEN BE AS FAR AS ENGLAND.
    I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR ANY INFORMATION & WOULD REWARD WHATEVER HELP I GOT!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS WE HAVE ALL BEEN LEFT VERY SHAKEN & UPSET BY THIS & I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO HAVE MY PICTURES OF MY BELOVED NAN BACK, BUT I SOMEHOW DOUBT NONE OF OUR STUFF IS IN GALWAY NOW.
    THANKS
    Danielle Tully.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Danielle,

I've removed personal contact information from your post (I left info for the local Gardai etc).
    Its quite difficult to read your post- particularly with all the capital letters.
    I'm not sure why you've posted it in the accommodation forum- however I'll leave it here for the time being, while I try to figure a better home for it.

Sorry that you've been robbed- I hope you're insurance covers most of the loses, though I know that its impossible to ever replace treasured photographs and memories.

Kind regards,

Shane

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You should post your car details in the motoring forum, you can post the registration details there

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users Posts: 38 teaglei

thanks for advice, if im honest i hadn't been on this many times & didn't know what i was doing that well, but i followed the advice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Instead of the theory that the perpetrator had done so much surveillance on you; i would postulate that infact it is someone that knows you, or your bf or other roomate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

teaglei wrote: »
    THEY WENT INTO OUR HOUSEMATE'S ROOM AS HE SLEPT AND TOOK HIS WALLET, THEY WENT THROUGH THE HOTPRESS, ALL THE KITCHEN CUPBOARDS, EVEN THE BOILER ROOM. THEY RAMSACKED THE ENTIRE HOUSE, TAKING WITH THEM A 32" HDMI FALTSCREEN TELEVISION WITH A GREY RIM THE WHOLE WAY ROUND THE EDGE, A CANON PIXMA ALL IN ONE PRINTER SCANNER GREY ON TOP & BLACK AROUND ALL THE SIDES. A PARKARDBELL NOTEBOOK LAPTOP, XBOX ELITE & MANY GAMES A HEADSET & TWO CONTROLLERS ONE BLACK, ONE GREY.
    AND MOST UPSETTING TO ME WAS MY BLACK ADVENT LAPTOP
    I find it interesting that they only took his wallet, and not yours. It was as if they took his money, and a few bits to make up the money...

• Advertisement

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Instead of the theory that the perpetrator had done so much surveillance on you; i would postulate that infact it is someone that knows you, or your bf or other roomate.

oh i totally agree with you it could easily be some-one any of us know, between us we have only had a handful of very trusted friends in the house that well to be honest i would rule out but as for associates not so much friends.... well sure god only knows, although i am still pretty convinced it was someone who saw me & decked out the place 1st :)

the_syco wrote: »
    I find it interesting that they only took his wallet, and not yours. It was as if they took his money, and a few bits to make up the money...

luckily he had no money in his wallet the time of the robbery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Playing Devil's advocate here for a second - that does seem very fortunate, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

The roommate orchestrated it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why would they take it if it had no money in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

the_syco wrote: »
    Why would they take it if it had no money in it?

If I was in someones bedroom robbing their wallet I wouldn't stop for a look into to see how much he had. I'd stick it in my pocket and head off and hope I got lucky.

Sounds very much like roommate could have had something to do with it. How well do you know roommate and have they got any money problems?

Really sorry to hear you were robbed. Happened to me last year. I'll never forget the feeling and always have an uneasy felling now because of it. Can't wait to have my own house and secure it really well.

deisedevil wrote: »
    If I was in someones bedroom robbing their wallet I wouldn't stop for a look into to see how much he had. I'd stick it in my pocket and head off and hope I got lucky.

Sounds very much like roommate could have had something to do with it. How well do you know roommate and have they got any money problems?

Really sorry to hear you were robbed. Happened to me last year. I'll never forget the feeling and always have an uneasy felling now because of it. Can't wait to have my own house and secure it really well.

aw i know in very very well, hes been a friend of ours for years & i trust him completely but lol i understand how others would see him as a suspect although to my bf & i its hilarious to have the other guy as a suspect just cuz if you knew him aw lol you would just know its not even possible.

aw i'm the very same i don't think i will ever feel completely secure again until the day comes where we have our own place that we can have secure our own way its been a nightmare. i find i'm lookin at nearly everyone and sayin to myself is it them, constantly looking over my shoulder. i hope this feeling doesn't last forever, cuz living on constant high-alert all the time is so flamin draining

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

aw i know in very very well, hes been a friend of ours for years & i trust him completely but lol i understand how others would see him as a suspect although to my bf & i its hilarious to have the other guy as a suspect just cuz if you knew him aw lol you would just know its not even possible.

aw i'm the very same i don't think i will ever feel completely secure again until the day comes where we have our own place that we can have secure our own way its been a nightmare. i find i'm lookin at nearly everyone and sayin to myself is it them, constantly looking over my shoulder. i hope this feeling doesn't last forever, cuz living on constant high-alert all the time is so flamin draining

I spent a few weeks staring everybody out of it and feeling angry if someone dodgy was looking at me for too long. I kept wondering if it was the person who robbed me. They had seen my photos and had photos on my laptop too.
    Just couldn't help but feel like I could pass them in the street and they would be laughing at me. But that feeling went away eventually.

Worst thing is I was passing by the bastards house every day and he would have seen me plenty of times. Such a pity our justice system is in no way just and he got nothing for doing it and I was left out of pocket. What a country we live in.

Advertisement