Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same arguments, new thread its LOI week 2 11/3/2011

• 10-03-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

11 Mar 2011 Bohemians 7:45 Drogheda United Dalymount Park
    11 Mar 2011 Dundalk 7:45 Galway United Oriel Park
    11 Mar 2011 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Bray Wanderers Richmond Park
    11 Mar 2011 UCD 7:45 Derry City UCD Bowl

12 Mar 2011 Sligo Rovers 7:45 Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds

Rovers the only home team to win last week, 3 home wins and 2 draws i reckon.

We have stiker selection problems!!! 4 strikers for 2 spots almost unheard of in Richmond.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hard to look past wins for Pats, Dundalk and Bohs.

Hard to call our game but realistically would be happy enough with a draw given the run of games we have this month. Really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    11 Mar 2011 Bohemians 7:45 Drogheda United Dalymount Park
    11 Mar 2011 Dundalk 7:45 Galway United Oriel Park
    11 Mar 2011 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Bray Wanderers Richmond Park
    11 Mar 2011 UCD 7:45 Derry City UCD Bowl

12 Mar 2011 Sligo Rovers 7:45 Shamrock Rovers The Showgrounds

Rovers the only home team to win last week, 3 home wins and 2 draws i reckon.

All home wins except for an away win for Derry
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    We have stiker selection problems!!! 4 strikers for 2 spots almost unheard of in Richmond.

Can any of them score goals though?? The missing ingredient for a third place finish for Pats in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

doncarlos wrote: »

Can any of them score goals though?? The missing ingredient for a third place finish for Pats in my opinion.

Yup, add in Mulcahy/Murphy and Doyle and we have a few goalscorers, playing some nice stuff too. Dont think our defence is as strong as last season tho Guthrie is a big loss as McMillan looks a bit dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Is there a TV game this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pauleta wrote: »
    Seems U20's International Rugby is on instead :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Looking forward to Rovers v Shams my self.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/5099/

Good article by Conan Byrne, may not be viewed well on this site. Good article nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Thankfully due to work I'll be making the Sligo - Shams game in the Showgrounds. Genuinely looking forward to it. Should be a cracking game.

Very impressed with Sligo pre-season, a fantastic squad.
    Hopefully they do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd love Rovers to make an early statement by winning away in the North West, but a draw would do nicely...who's down as referee?

Sligo are due some success against Rovers eventually though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

11 Mar 2011 Limerick 7:45 Salthill Devon
    11 Mar 2011 Mervue United 7:45 Cork City
    11 Mar 2011 Monaghan United 8:00 Waterford United
    11 Mar 2011 Wexford Youths 8:00 Longford Town
    12 Mar 2011 Athlone Town 7:30 Finn Harps

Pain in the arse with this bye sh*t in the First Division, and can't make it to Carlow on Sunday for out LSC title defence cause of flipping work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should be win for us

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's a pity the Sligo - Shams match isn't live on tv on Saturday. That should be a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

dfx- wrote: »
    I'd love Rovers to make an early statement by winning away in the North West, but a draw would do nicely...who's down as referee?

Sligo are due some success against Rovers eventually though.

The FAI cup was a real disappointment alright

The FAI cup was a real disappointment alright

Yeah, a dull 0-0 draw in the showcase game in front of such a big crowd - I know what you mean..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yeah, a dull 0-0 draw in the showcase game in front of such a big crowd - I know what you mean..

Cracking penos though!:D

I am so wound up right now

Cracking penos though!:D

Trade descriptions act on the line....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Sligo v Rovers should be a great game of ball, pity its on an egg chasing weekend and not on the box.

Can't see Rovers losing though. Has score draw written all over it

Can't see Rovers losing though.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

bohsboy wrote: »

You're embarrassing.

Might pop along to UCD tonight, unfortunately can't make Sligo tomorrow due to work after looking forward to it for weeks, hope we go for it and bring home the 3 points, would probably take a draw though, only O'Donnell and Sivy out for us.

• Advertisement

Yes. Rovers. The team you have bankrupted yourselves trying and failing to match on the pitch. The obsession of your club and its ever dwindling band of supporters.

So excited.

To think - I'll be able to tell my sons that I saw Sligo complete X number of passing trianlges at the Showgrounds. 15 euro seems too small a price to pay really.

stovelid wrote: »
    So excited.

To think - I'll be able to tell my sons that I saw Sligo complete X number of passing trianlges at the Showgrounds. 15 euro seems too small a price to pay really.

Particularly when you factor in the good it will do for your neck not having to crane it to see the ball all the time.

Particularly when you factor in the good it will do for your neck not having to crane it to see the ball all the time.

Like the creak in your neck from looking up at first place in the league all last season.

So excited.

I've heard Aer Arann are putting on extra jets to deal with the demand from Catalunya on their Dublin-Sligo service..

Like the creak in your neck from looking up at first place in the league all last season.

I generally read the table on my computer so its about eye level to be honest.

I've heard Aer Arann are putting on extra jets to deal with the demand from Catalunya on their Dublin-Sligo service..

The fly path has been directed away form tallaght however, for fear of a bombardment of footballs

I generally read the table on my computer so its about eye level to be honest.

Not to worry. It was a metaphor, like.
    The fly path has been directed away form tallaght however, for fear of a bombardment of footballs

Surely Jason Byrne's peno has cleared airspace by now?

Sligo could do with something going direct than aimlessly wandering around wasting everyone's time..

It'll probably take 45 minutes to make it from the runway to the terminal and still only actually go about 20 metres from where they started. The passengers might miss the game.

• Advertisement

Jesus lads ye're awful bitter over a team that likes to keep the ball on the ground.
    Does the cup final still hurt:(
    bless

Jesus lads ye're awful bitter over a team that likes to keep the ball on the ground.
    bless

The better team won the cup final and Rovers fans have always said that. Well done and lets hope you don't lost to an Albanian side in Europe this year.

What we are reacting to is the tedious nonsense from Sligs that you are the team that invented the sideways pass and Rovers are hoofball merchants.

Don't get me wrong, Sligs play a decent brand of footie and I would prefered Rovers to be a bit less direct at times last season and play the football we saw them dismantle Dundalk and Pats with. But it won the league.

You aren't as good as you claim and we certainly aren't as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

bless

Genuinely, would you prefer to win the league or the cup?

Also it did take penos, and some awful bad ones at that, to win the cup so it wasn't exactly like your passing game tore us apart then either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Heading to Dalymount. Hope the weather eases up.

Additionally, I hate the team you like?

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    You're embarrassing.

Might pop along to UCD tonight, unfortunately can't make Sligo tomorrow due to work after looking forward to it for weeks, hope we go for it and bring home the 3 points, would probably take a draw though, only O'Donnell and Sivy out for us.

How so?

The Sham mentioned "Rovers" ..... didn't specify which.

Get over it.

;)

You aren't as good as you claim and we certainly aren't as bad.

I've been lucky to catch a good bit of Sligo pre season and I've been very impressed. They've really bolstered the squad with some quality signings while retaining the core of their squad.

I think they're even better than last season. You'll be up against it tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

:eek: Link?

I've been lucky to catch a good bit of Sligo pre season and I've been very impressed. They've really bolstered the squad with some quality signings while retaining the core of their squad.

I think they're even better than last season. You'll be up against it tomorrow night.

This would be the same pre season that a number of players, including Ndo, refused to take part in because Sligs weren't paying wages at the time?

If you want to tell me they have signed better than Rovers, good luck to you.

We were better than them last season and have signed better than them over the close season. Still the second best team out there though.

We haven't lost to them in the league in nearly 4 years. I don't especially expect that to change tomorrow.

This would be the same pre season that a number of players, including Ndo, refused to take part in because Sligs weren't paying wages at the time?

Yes, the same pre-season and yes, I think they have a better squad.

Anyway, tomorrow should tell us a lot.

Yes, the same pre-season and yes, I think they have a better squad.

You think Sligo have a better squad than Rovers? :D

Don't even think the Sligs are arguing that. They tend to argue they have a better first team.

Should be a belter of a game all the same.

It'll tell us who has three points. You have to collect a lot more of them over 8 months to win a league because a league can't be won on penalties or away goals.

Thankfully:eek:

• Advertisement

a league can't be won on penalties or away goals.

Thankfully:eek:

Goal difference?

meh....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shams have a stronger squad than us. Nobody will argue that. Nearly if not every player that can only make their bench would walk into most teams in the league ffs.

Bohsboy, if you need any help carrying that large chip on your shoulder about Shams being the league champions and doing it the right way, head over to thebohs.com. Stop trying to wind everyone on here up because this thread will just go off topic again.

I predict a draw tomorrow but a loss wouldn't be devastating to achieve what I want the lads to achieve this season.

What we are reacting to is the tedious nonsense from Sligs that you are the team that invented the sideways pass and Rovers are hoofball merchants.
    Read the thread it was Shamrock fans that brought up the style of football debate
    Genuinely, would you prefer to win the league or the cup?
    The league but considering we were aiming to finish in the top half last season I was quite happy to finish it in Europe and win two cups along the way. You are the one who seems to have some issue with Sligo Rovers so I'm trying to figure out why that is

More Shamrock nonsense. N'do delayed his return due to injury
    Also it did take penos, and some awful bad ones at that, to win the cup so it wasn't exactly like your passing game tore us apart then either.

We did actually despite missing our two best players, just couldn't stick the ball in the net

Rovers have a stronger squad but Sligo's starting team is quality and relatively more settled from last season. Either side are well capable of getting a win and for me it's the toughest fixture of the season.

While I don't want us to play for one, a draw would be acceptable as we still have to play Pats and Derry this month. Like the equivalent fixture last season, I expect to be pretty hard fought.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Bohsboy, if you need any help carrying that large chip on your shoulder about Shams being the league champions and doing it the right way, head over to thebohs.com. Stop trying to wind everyone on here up because this thread will just go off topic again.

Oatsey, how do you come to those conclusions? I said that I thought that Sligo have a better squad than Airfix and I reckon they could win tomorrow night and I hope they do. Im in the area tomorrow and Im genuinely looking forward to the game.

Im entitled to my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Pauleta wrote: »

Does anyone have a list of matches that rte will be showing this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oatsey, how do you come to those conclusions? I said that I thought that Sligo have a better squad than Airfix and I reckon they could win tomorrow night and I hope they do. Im in the area tomorrow and Im genuinely looking forward to the game.

Im entitled to my opinion.

Sorry I snapped. I'd just like this thread to stay on topic and not derail like the last 2. It just sounded like you were attempting to wind up the shams lads.
    DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of matches that rte will be showing this season?

They announce them throughout the season iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Does anyone know who Paul Shiels is playing for? I didn't see him in Shels squad for the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

lol @ pats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fcuking Pats lose to Bray Wanderers...

Shocking stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement