Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Same arguments, new thread its LOI week 2 11/3/2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sweet jesus 2-0 without breaking sweat, then a complete inability to defend and 3 goals in 10 minutes :eek: :confused:

reckon if mahon was there we would have won that 25-0, missed his umm angriness on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Crazy game, Pats were absolutely walking it, Bray looked out of ideas (or even capable of having one). The 2 subs though changed the game, Conor Murphy was completely free for both goals, criminal defending. A real opportunity lost for Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

This would be the same pre season that a number of players, including Ndo, refused to take part in because Sligs weren't paying wages at the time?
    Stop pretending you have inside info on my club. You know nothing about Sligo Rovers bar what you make up in your own head. N'do is injured, hence why he missed the Derry game and probably won't play tomorrow night.
    You've been making **** up since the moment you realised we'd be your biggest rivals this year, why bother?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should have had 3 or 4 tonight, but at the same time, could have conceded a few. Delighted with the win but worry how we'll deal with more gifted opponents. Anto took his goal fantastically in fairness to him.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Getting well wrapped up before I hit the road.

Hopefully no truth in the rumour that it's snowing in the North-west. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Good to see Mervue's 100% start to the season ended last night.

The FD a shoe-in for Roddy now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

stovelid wrote: »

Horrendous weather, two degrees with heavy sleet pelting down.

Looking forward to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

This would be the same pre season that a number of players, including Ndo, refused to take part in because Sligs weren't paying wages at the time?

Stop making up bull**** please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

gustavo wrote: »
    Stop making up bull**** please

Well talk to him, because thats what he has been telling the media....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where has it been published so if he said it to the media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

fair play to bray there showing they have fight in them. im telling you joe kendrick is a fantastic signing and his assists and goals will help keep bray up he has some cross on him and is fantastic at set pieces

Theres snow on the mountains and it'll be bitterly cold after dark I'd say, not bad at the minute though.

ricero wrote: »
    fair play to bray there showing they have fight in them. im telling you joe kendrick is a fantastic signing and his assists and goals will help keep bray up he has some cross on him and is fantastic at set pieces
    Wheres he playing? Was poor at left back for us.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Wheres he playing? Was poor at left back for us.

centre half now for bray ive watched his last few games for bray and hes been motm in all of them. he has a great corner on him and fantastic delivery from crosses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Drogheda is what will keep Bray up. :pac:

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Drogheda is what will keep Bray up. :pac:

everyone knows bray are the team that cannot be relegated

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Well it shouldn't be hard for you to prove it then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was he the number three last night?? Cos he put in some fantastic crosses in that first half!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I thought Philly Hughes was big... until I saw John Lester :eek:

In other news:

1 nil Shamrock Rovers, McCabe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Another easy win for the Champions against the bitters

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:pac:

'Top Of The Table, Not Under It

Rovers banner tonight and they cry and whinge at our Never Relegated banner so much its banned from tallaght... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Another easy win for the Champions against the bitters

Heard it was lucky? Few chances cleared off the line? etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rovers banner tonight and they cry and whinge at our Never Relegated banner so much its banned from tallaght... :p

Rovers =/= Gardaí

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

At least we have some imagination in our banners,not the same one for years.

paulcorr wrote: »

83 to be exact.

paulcorr wrote: »

Imagination in that, its the only thing you lot have been banging on about for the last 6 months?

Good one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

83 to be exact.

Maybe more attention should be given to holding onto 2-0 leads instead :pac:

dfx- wrote: »
    Maybe more attention should be given to holding onto 2-0 leads instead :pac:
    Yup, add in Mulcahy/Murphy and Doyle and we have a few goalscorers, playing some nice stuff too. Dont think our defence is as strong as last season tho Guthrie is a big loss as McMillan looks a bit dodgy.

Its like a train wreck you can see coming a mile away. The lad cost us 3 goals in 10 minutes, impressive home league debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Didn't like the way we lined up tonight. Greene and Cretaro should have been starting but I wasn't expecting any changes after winning last week. Ignoring the fact that Oman should have been sent off before HT they deserved to win. It wasn't by any means ''an easy win'' though.

• Advertisement

On the booze bus on way home. Lucky my hole. :)

Good enough game, I thought Alan Kelly had a stinker though. Some shocking cards shown and a lot left unpunished. That chance at the end for Shams when the striker was broken up and he played advantage only for the Sham to get booked....:confused: Crazy.

Mannus was brilliant, four good stops but Oman is finished. Dreadful, like the fat kid from the Wedding Singer at the back. He owes Kelly big time for not walking for that assassination attempt on Keane just prior to half time.

Good game though, enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Imagination in that, its the only thing you lot have been banging on about for the last 6 months?

Good one.

The only thing ? I think there might have been one or two mentions of the fact were champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

bohsboy wrote: »
    Good enough game, I thought Alan Kelly had a stinker though. Some shocking cards shown and a lot left unpunished. That chance at the end for Shams when the striker was broken up and he played advantage only for the Sham to get booked....:confused: Crazy.

Mannus was brilliant, four good stops but Oman is finished. Dreadful, like the fat kid from the Wedding Singer at the back. He owes Kelly big time for not walking for that assassination attempt on Keane just prior to half time.

Good game though, enjoyed it.

Oman should have Been sent off but shams were probably deserving winners as they succeeded in suffocating our midfield
    Derek Tomney was the ref.
    The decision at the end was right as the player was offside the moment the ball was played forward and the tackle came second .
    Great atmosphere fair play to both sets of fans- except a few shams toerags- we need to get ndo fit quickly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Limerick beat Salthill 3-0 at Jackman Park, really hoping for a promotion push this season.

Sligored wrote: »
    Derek Tomney was the ref.

Really? I was sure it was Kelly. He'd a bad game either way.

The Shams striker at the end was crumpled in a heap, a dreadful challenge and then ended up getting booked for dissent? Crazy stuff.

Good game. Ryan was brilliant in midfield but I was slightly disappointed with Sligo, thought they could offer a bit more.

Sligored wrote: »
    we need to get ndo fit quickly

:pac:

Thought we deserved to win although Mannus made some amazing saves. The refereeing decision (the one at the end) Bohsboy is talking about was indeed bizarre in the extreme and I really think we got nothing from him, perhaps because of the early goal. Decent football played at times by both sides but was quite a physical game. Was again very impressed with Finn. Doubt he'll be in this league long term.

Showgrounds was as stuffed and great atmo from both fans. Think the internet wars that predictably break out after the game mask the fact that it's a good fixture and a good football town to go and have a pint in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

What a win, brilliant stuff, great crowd from both sides as well. That's why we're champions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4W1-unAWuI

McGuinness is undoing everything that was good about us last year, not an ounce of football in the lad. Derek Foran should start next week.

Dunno how Oman wasn't sent off disgraceful lack of balls from the officials. Can't blame the ref for our inability to score a goal. Mannus MOTM easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Conan Byrne getting 'a late late goal,' for Shels.

Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

T'was a cracker too. Thank Christ somebody scored, wouldn't have cared if they did tbh, could not have faced another 30 minutes down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Thought we deserved to win although Mannus made some amazing saves. The refereeing decision (the one at the end) Bohsboy is talking about was indeed bizarre in the extreme and I really think we got nothing from him, perhaps because of the early goal. Decent football played at times by both sides but was quite a physical game. Was again very impressed with Finn. Doubt he'll be in this league long term.

Showgrounds was as stuffed and great atmo from both fans. Think the internet wars that predictably break out after the game mask the fact that it's a good fixture and a good football town to go and have a pint in.

Don't know what Finn your talking about, that was about the 4th time i've seen him play against us and he has always had an excellent game against us for Fingal thought Richie Ryan kept the shackles on him very well. On the game itself I thought Shams defended very well especially in the second half, we struggled to break them down. Similar enough actually with Shams, Twigg was very quiet and apart from the goal they created few chances. Don't think we deserved to get anything from the match for the amount of 1 on 1s we missed, Mannus was by far the man of the match, although I felt Alan Keane and Richie Ryan were the two best outfield players. Ref was shocking, Oman should've been sent off, McGuiness's tackle on Turner was a booking I thought. Didn't see any of the supposed crowd trouble before and after the match so can't really comment on it.

edolan wrote: »
    Didn't see any of the supposed crowd trouble before and after the match so can't really comment on it.

Nobody ever seems to. I know I didn't.

• Advertisement

Some matches tonight i believe? Can anyone confirm this?

We are playing Bray away in the league cup.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Monday's matches
    Lisburn Distillery - Shamrock Rovers 19:45:00
    Bray Wanderers - St. Patrick's Athletic 19:45:00
    Longford Town - Athlone Town 19:45:00
    Salthill Devon - Fanad United 19:45:00
    According to extratime

Mixture of setanta cup, LSC and ea sports cup

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Some matches tonight i believe? Can anyone confirm this?

Heading up to Lisburn in a hour or two. Hopefully worth the cold....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any on TV, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dave! wrote: »
    Any on TV, no?
    Only thing related on TV is MNS at 8. They'll prob just do the weekend's matches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement