Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Old Alarm Bell Box Replacing with Pyronix Deltabell Plus Back Lit Sounder

Options
  • 10-03-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Ok lads and ladettes, Just got my replacement bell Box. Went with the Pyronix Deltabell Plus Back lit unit.
    Is there anything I should be concerned about before attempting this replacement? The Alarm Panel is an Aritech CS350. I just dont want to be up a ladder with bells going off and the whole neighbourhood looking at Mr Genius scratching his head!
    If its in any way difficult or If i could end up with egg on my face, I will get an or electrician to fit it. Does one need an Engineering code or anything like that? Should i disconnect all power from the mains first?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Easy enough just make a note of each connection as you disconnect the old box.
    If your unsure post up the connections and colours and we can give you a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Cheers Koolkid, I take it the old alarm box will have basically the same wires and lettering as the new one? (all going to plan) Will the alarms start going off should i have someone on stand by to shut them off when i start to remove the old box?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The alarm will activate. Also the external will ring when its power is disconnected. You will need to disconnect its battery to silence it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It's fairly straight forward to connect

Ext bell + to 12v+
    Ext bell - to bell
    Int bell - strobe
    Hold off to 12v-
    Tamper return to one tamper terminal then connect one leg of resistor to other tamper terminal and connect the other leg to the Hold off. Take the resistor from the old bell

Decided not to fit myself just in case, so rang a local alarm fitter local from golden pages.

He said and i quote " A BACKLIT PYRONIX BOX!!! JESUS THATS A BIT EXTREME FOR A HOUSE, I NORMALLY FIT HKC BELL BOXES. SURE THEM BACKLIT BOXES ARE FOR BUSINESS PREMISES AND SHOPS I DONT EVEN KNOW IF ILL BE ABLE TO FIT THAT, IS THAT A TRIANGULAR ONE? I DONT KNOW ILL HAVE TO SEE. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BELL BOX FROM IN ANYWAYS?
    He reckons fitting that Pyronix back lit box is a "bit extreme they normally use them for warehouses and shops etc"
    He also said he may not be able to fit as he "only uses HKC boxes, but he will have a look at it"?!?
    Is this guy a chancer wanting to sell me another box and is that backlit bell box a bit OTT for a housing estate? Dont want to draw a nose on the house either. I didnt realise it was not housing estate friendly,:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

ronan45 wrote: »
    Decided not to fit myself just in case, so rang a local alarm fitter local from golden pages.

He said and i quote " A BACKLIT PYRONIX BOX!!! JESUS THATS A BIT EXTREME FOR A HOUSE, I NORMALLY FIT HKC BELL BOXES. SURE THEM BACKLIT BOXES ARE FOR BUSINESS PREMISES AND SHOPS I DONT EVEN KNOW IF ILL BE ABLE TO FIT THAT, IS THAT A TRIANGULAR ONE? I DONT KNOW ILL HAVE TO SEE. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BELL BOX FROM IN ANYWAYS?
    He reckons fitting that Pyronix back lit box is a "bit extreme they normally use them for warehouses and shops etc"
    He also said he may not be able to fit as he "only uses HKC boxes, but he will have a look at it"?!?
    Is this guy a chancer wanting to sell me another box and is that backlit bell box a bit OTT for a housing estate? Dont want to draw a nose on the house either. I didnt realise it was not housing estate friendly,:eek:

Don't see why....... Maybe trying to sell you a bell box......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I fit the deltabell as standard and the customers love them.
    He should have no problem fitting it if he follows the rtfm rule.
    Just to let you know that you may get some feedback noise on the internal bell when you fit the deltabell. This is down to poor design on hkc's part. All your installer has to do is connect the internal bell to another output

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Jnealon wrote: »
    Just to let you know that you may get some feedback noise on the internal bell when you fit the deltabell. This is down to poor design on hkc's part. All your installer has to do is connect the internal bell to another output

My thoughts as well........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ronan45.....I dont know why you picked up the golden pages for an alarm instatller???:confused:

Theres a good few fully qualified and certified installers here on this froum who post regulary here and would gladly help you and do the work for you at a very good price.

I got my own full alarm system installed by one of the forum members here,and for a brilliant price too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

ronan45 wrote: »

I would think it was more down to him not knowing how to install the bell :D
    You should give him the connections for the bell you got off here to help him out, might save him trying to sell you a new external bell ;)

• Advertisement

<Snip>
    For work on alarms you are legally obliged to use a licenced company.
    Please read over this forums charter.
    Do not post up asking people to act illegally.

:confused:Emmm I wasnt asking anyone to do anything illegal. Just wondering if there is someone (ie professional alarm installer) in the D15 area that can install it. :) I dont want some muppit messing around with it.:eek:

You asked if someone would do a nixer.
    That's illegal for both you and whoever you employ.
    Have you read the charter yet?
    Asking for a nixer is in breach of the charter,so is arguing mod decisions on thread.
    Please read the charter.
    If you wish to discuss further please PM me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ronan45.........PM sent to you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KhaosTheory

Jnealon wrote: »

This was an issue that bugged me for a few days. Everything wired up as it should be, 4K7 resistors were fine, but that damn INT. Bell stay on (with a lower db), even when the system was disarmed. I moved the INT. wiring to EXT. and she runs good as new again.

Thank you very much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement