Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Lennon

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yes, you are intolerant to any view but your own. Think thats called a bigot btw
    No im not. I don't hate a lot of leaders in the world of other religions. I hate the pope though. I don't have to be tolerant of the pope. That is my freedom of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Is this thread about Neil Lennon or Artur Boruc?

I could have sworn it was about Neil.

Maybe you should read the context the Boruc example was used and how it relates to current events instead of skimming through the thread and looking to make a smart arse remark.

The rest of it was KeithAFC being shown up for the bigot that he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Maybe you should read the context the Boruc example was used and how it relates to current events instead of skimming through the thread and looking to make a smart arse remark.

Oh I've been following the thread alright considering I've posted on the previous page and I've made my feelings known as regards the comments made my McCoist and Lennon.

But don't let that stop you. You fire away there pal.

Yes. Because you are a textbook bigot and conflating your hatred of Catholicism (and probably Catholics) with your support of Rangers.

I HATE this current Pope. He is a repugnant and backwards looking man. But that has nothing to do with Shamrock Rovers. I hate him for what he has done. You hate him for what he is and stands for and alas, over the years that has a lot to do with Rangers.
    Some really big accusations in that post which really lack the evidence to back them up. I hate the pope, hang me high for it. I don't see the big deal in that.

Boruc put on a pope T shirt to wind up a fan base in a stadium which we all know hates the pope.

The rest of it was KeithAFC being shown up for the bigot that he is.
    Are you allowed to just accuse people on here like that?

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    No im not. I don't hate a lot of leaders in the world of other religions. I hate the pope though. I don't have to be tolerant of the pope. That is my freedom of choice.

I doubt that you know enough about any other religion to form any sort of proper opinion about them.

You hate the pope and you hate the catholic church, that goes beyond intolerance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Are you allowed to just accuse people on here like that?

You dug that hole yourself.

I doubt that you know enough about any other religion to form any sort of proper opinion about them.

You hate the pope and you hate the catholic church, that goes beyond intolerance.
    So what? That is my right to hate the pope and the catholic church. Richard Dawkins hates the pope and the Catholic church and what it stands for and says its a complete waste of time.
    You dug that hole yourself.
    I give my opinion on the Boruc T shirt incident which was designed to wind up the Rangers fans who as we all know don't 'like' the pope. Putting it in a nicer way of course.

So what? That is my right to hate the pope and the catholic church. Richard Dawkins hates the pope and the Catholic church and what it stands for and says its a complete waste of time.

I give my opinion on the Boruc T shirt incident which was designed to wind up the Rangers fans who as we all know don't 'like' the pope. Putting it in a nicer way of course.

Dawkins I regard highly. Dawkins would prefer you didn't believe in god but wouldn't judge you for doing so.

Richard Dawkins is anti religion and rationalises his opinion and beliefs with scientific reasoning. You dont, you just hate and think its ok and acceptable because there is a group of like minded individuals in your social circle.

• Advertisement

Dawkins I regard highly. Dawkins would prefer you didn't believe in god but wouldn't judge you for doing so.
    Not true. Dawkins has judged many religious people before for their wacky belief in some religious system.
    Richard Dawkins is anti religion and rationalises his opinion and beliefs with scientific reasoning. You dont, you just hate and think its ok and acceptable because there is a group of like minded individuals in your social circle.
    I love science. My hatred of the pope can be backed up with evidence of things he and his church have been involved in and what i disagree with. That is real reasoning. Not just hate for the sake of it.

I love science. My hatred of the pope can be backed up with evidence of things he and his church have been involved in and what i disagree with. That is real reasoning. Not just hate for the sake of it.

But it seems like you have more hate for the catholic church and everything it stands for than the victims of abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Not true. Dawkins has judged many religious people before for their wacky belief in some religious system.

I think anyone reading your posts over this board knows daddy has been feeding you your bull**** from day one and you lap it all up. Try have a mind of your own for once, its embarrassing.

But it seems like you have more hate for the catholic church and everything it stands for than the victims of abuse.
    I wasn't even thinking of the child abuse, but there is another damn good reason. I was thinking along the lines of contraception and his mix in of religious (lies) line and the scientific line (right).
    I think anyone reading your posts over this board knows daddy has been feeding you your bull**** from day one and you lap it all up. Try have a mind of your own for once, its embarrassing.
    Not true. Went into this before on here. So won't do it again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

So you deny you are intolerant yet say you are not tolerant of the pope????:confused:

I wasn't even thinking of the child abuse, but there is another damn good reason. I was thinking along the lines of contraception and his mix in of religious (lies) line and the scientific line (right)

And you think that you only hate Catholicism based on that main reason? I suspect you would hate most religions given that they wouldnt subscribe to your line of thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

And you think that you only hate Catholicism based on that main reason? I suspect you would hate most religions given that they wouldnt subscribe to your line of thinking.

Rather surreal that a Loyalist Rangers fan would try and invoke Dawkins as a defence for anti-catholicism.

For the record, I have no particular issue with him being a bigot. Far to old and cynical to care. Its the fact he genuinely doesn't seem to see he is one that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Has this thread reached the Godwin stage yet? It's mad how quickly any old firm threads veer off course.

markesmith wrote: »
    Has this thread reached the Godwin stage yet? It's mad how quickly any old firm threads veer off course.

Post #136 :rolleyes:

Rather surreal that a Loyalist Rangers fan would try and invoke Dawkins as a defence for anti-catholicism.

For the record, I have no particular issue with him being a bigot. Far to old and cynical to care. Its the fact he genuinely doesn't seem to see he is one that is the problem.
    What is wrong with anti catholicism? You are posting as if there is something wrong with that. Being anti pope too. I mean, im perfectly entitled to hate the pope.
    One of the reasons regarding the popes message in that regard.

• Advertisement

What is wrong with anti catholicism? You are posting as if there is something wrong with that. Being anti pope too. I mean, im perfectly entitled to hate the pope.

Fúck sake Keith, literally every single thread you post in begins to spiral into a debate about Protestantism/Catholicism and this is the fúcking soccer forum!!!

I thought we may be safe in here but apparently not.

I suppose you are and there are plenty of Rangers supporters that think like that but that hatred manifests itself in anti-social behaviour, assault, vandalism & death threats as has happened with Boruc and Lennon. Ye seem to convince yourselves that your stance is perfectly ok and socially acceptable whilst the other side are wrong and how dare they express a different point of view.

Fúck sake Keith, literally every single thread you post in begins to spiral into a debate about Protestantism/Catholicism and this is the fúcking soccer forum!!!

I thought we may be safe in here but apparently not.
    Nonsense. The discussion is about Boruc and the T shirt incident and the reasons why Rangers fans got upset about it.
    I suppose you are and there are plenty of Rangers supporters that think like that but that hatred manifests itself in anti-social behaviour, assault, vandalism & death threats as has happened with Boruc and Lennon. Ye seem to convince yourselves that your stance is perfectly ok and socially acceptable whilst the other side are wrong and how dare they express a different point of view.

I'd say it is the other way around, going by some of the posts on here and other posts on the forum. Im happy people disagree, its what keeps the world going around.

I'd say it is the other way around, going by some of the posts on here and other posts on the forum. Im happy people disagree, its what keeps the world going around.

What you think is delusional. Who was the last Rangers player to get sectarian motivated death threats or be assaulted? no Rangers players have had to get additional security to attend football matches or go out in public.

What you think is delusional. Who was the last Rangers player to get sectarian motivated death threats or be assaulted? no Rangers players have had to get additional security to attend football matches or go out in public.
    What is your point? You do know Dempsey that the people who sent these death threats might not of been Rangers fans at all.

What is your point? You do know Dempsey that the people who sent these death threats might not of been Rangers fans at all.

You're naive aswell

According to Martin Bain, it wasnt Rangers supporters that caused the Manchester riots, do you believe that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Everything when it manifests itself in sectarian murder and the type of behaviour Lenny has been subjected to.

Footballers wind up opposition fans who have been winding them up all the time. But in one specific clubs case they seem to take it as justification for creating mayhem.

Stop pretending that your anti-Catholocism is anything to do with athiesm or Dawkins. Its to do with you being a Loyalist Rangers fans who hate the indiginious Irish and religion has become the totem pole for that bile.

You're naive aswell

According to Martin Bain, it wasnt Rangers supporters that caused the Manchester riots, do you believe that?
    Do you have the evidence that it was 'RANGERS' fans who sent it. It could of just been LOYALISTS who sent it who could support Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

Having a soft spot for Rangers and actually supporting them is two different things.
    Everything when it manifests itself in sectarian murder and the type of behaviour Lenny has been subjected to.

Footballers wind up opposition fans who have been winding them up all the time. But in one specific clubs case they seem to take it as justification for creating mayhem.

Stop pretending that your anti-Catholocism is anything to do with athiesm or Dawkins. Its to do with you being a Loyalist Rangers fans who hate the indiginious Irish and religion has become the totem pole for that bile.

No one is condoning these threats to Lennon. I think everyone has said it is wrong. What me and a few other people have said is Lennon DOES need to keep his head down and stop getting involved in rows on the touch line.

My anti pope/Catholocism is purely on my disagreement to what they believe in and what the pope stands for and what he has said.

Do you have the evidence that it was 'RANGERS' fans who sent it. It could of just been LOYALISTS who sent it who could support Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

Having a soft spot for Rangers and actually supporting them is two different things.

Its just a coincidence that all these threats came days after beating Rangers, i suppose?

Delusional naive bigot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Nonsense. The discussion is about Boruc and the T shirt incident and the reasons why Rangers fans got upset about it.

So do you think, this one might cause some upset?

Rangers supporters attending the match between Celtic and Hamburg in the Europa League, showing banners like 'Never Surrender'?

And please don't tell me, that there is no connection between the so called 'Ultras' from Hamburg and a section of Rangers supporters.

I can only repeat myself: Football should be football and politics should be politics ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement