Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminal 2 Dublin Airport

Options
  • 10-03-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

This is a long shot but is there a smoking area in Terminal 2 like there is out the back of the bar in Terminal 1 ?

Am going to new york next week and the 7 hour flight is bad enough without having an extra 3 hours before that with no smokes.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I don't think there is one. I didn't see one when I was there last week, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

you can trek down to T1, after security in T2, just follow the sign for gate 100-300. and walk all the way till you see starbuck, boot etc. go upstair and there is a pub called the garden terrace. they have the outdoor smoking area. it take a good 10-15 min walk from T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I go through T2 every week & it is a real pain in the ass that they have no outdoor area for us. The T1 place is super - drink & smoke.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    The T1 place is super - drink & smoke.
    But the beer's crap. T2 has four Porterhouse taps. I wonder would I get down the escalator, over to T1 and up to the smoking garden with a pint of Oyster in my hand.

And would anyone like to place a wager... :D

I usually drink shorts before I fly. Small bladder & all that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BeerNut wrote: »
    And would anyone like to place a wager... :D
    Do you have red hair, and how good is your American accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

i presume there is still no smoking area in T2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hartnett_mark

It's realy annoying i think there should be place where You can smoke, ask someone from airport's staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

dabestman1 wrote: »
    i presume there is still no smoking area in T2

Still no smoking area i'm afraid.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Is there a smoking area past security in T1?

• Advertisement

See post #3 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Hill Billy wrote: »
    I usually drink shorts before I fly. Small bladder & all that. :)

I am the very same, had a bad experience years ago with too many pints, thought I was going to explode before take off, with what seemed like 20 planes in a que in front of us for take off.

Gin and Ton Ton's ever since. Added bonus, Apparently the Quinine in the tonic keeps the mosquitoes away, no Malaria!!:D Thats what I try and convince my wife anyway as I sip on the doubles.

Smoking area in T1 is the best around, of any airport I go through.

murphym7 wrote: »
    Apparently the Quinine in the tonic keeps the mosquitoes away
    It doesn't. It is used for treating malaria, but if you're going to a malaria zone and your only protection is a few pre-flight G&Ts, it's probably not going to do much for you.

You want a gin and lariam. Yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

BeerNut wrote: »
    It doesn't. It is used for treating malaria, but if you're going to a malaria zone and your only protection is a few pre-flight G&Ts, it's probably not going to do much for you.

You want a gin and lariam. Yum yum.

Thats what I meant to say:o

The G&T's are working so far - never had Malaria - can't argue with those facts:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I usually fly from Cork and once you go through security there's nowhere to smoke.

Advertisement