Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Mechanic

• 10-03-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a decent bike mechanic in or around the city/Ennis road area.
    If I could stay away from the Bike Shop that would be best.Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

We have a bike shop just opened on campus at UL with a full time mechanic Chris. Not your side of the city, but IIRC you are working out this way.

http://www.unicycle.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ninty9er wrote: »
    We have a bike shop just opened on campus at UL with a full time mechanic Chris. Not your side of the city, but IIRC you are working out this way.

http://www.unicycle.ie/

Sounds perfect actually,yah,only 2 minutes from UL.Whereabouts is the place?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sounds perfect actually,yah,only 2 minutes from UL.Whereabouts is the place?
    *ahem*
    http://www.unicycle.ie/index.php/map-to-shop/

Clareman wrote: »

yes,yes.I copped onto that 2 minutes later :)

Parking could be a pain tho around there,no?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Get a lift out and cycle home on your freshly repaired bike :p

• Advertisement

Get a lift out and cycle home on your freshly repaired bike :p

I need to get 2 serviced! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

There seems to be a new bike shop getting ready to open on the Shelbourne road where the shop used to be beside St Camillus'. I passed it at a few times on my walk, dont have too much info, not sure is it selling bikes/doing repairs but it did say on window "bike shop opening soon" :p Somebody else reading this might have some more info!

There seems to be a new bike shop getting ready to open on the Shelbourne road where the shop used to be beside St Camillus'. I passed it at a few times on my walk, dont have too much info, not sure is it selling bikes/doing repairs but it did say on window "bike shop opening soon" :p Somebody else reading this might have some more info!

Ok,that could be even better for me! :)

Ok,that could be even better for me! :)

Ive mostly passed there after 5 pm and there has always been someone in there, so might be worth tapping on the window. good luck :)

Ive mostly passed there after 5 pm and there has always been someone in there, so might be worth tapping on the window. good luck :)
    Called in there this evening,2 friendly lads there.said the shop wasn't fully open but will take in the bikes to be serviced no problem

• Advertisement

Dropped the bike in yesterday,turns out one of them used to work in "The Bike Shop" so he knows my bike well,heres hoping they do a good job,will report back.

Great stuff...guess this can soon be added to the Business' now open Thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Are you involved in this ninety9er? Seeing as they are selling Niner bikes?
    Fair play to a new crowd opening up with some brands other than the standard Irish bike shop brands.

Great work done on the bike and very cheap,highly recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

looking to get a few bits and pieces done, old mtb is bit knackered (must have it nearly 15 years if not more) and only one gear works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Have two old racers to get serviced, what's the expense like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Any contact details for those new guys? Unicycle not answering and the Siopa Rothar phone number doesn't even ring through. I have some urgent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Nwm2 wrote: »
    Any contact details for those new guys? Unicycle not answering and the Siopa Rothar phone number doesn't even ring through. I have some urgent work.

Bicyclestop is the new place on the Shelbourne Road

061 519182

http://www.bicyclestop.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Odd, jut collected my old racer from them, seem to have done a good job, fairly cheap too.

Advertisement