Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Yoga Galway?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

My wife is wondering if there is any place doing this? She has rang all she can find so far - which are either full or on during 9am - 6pm weekdays.

Perhaps someone knows of someone doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Google says that at least galwayyoga, pennyjonesyoga and theyogashala do them.
    The folks in the Yoga forum can tell you more I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Thanks Biko. This is what those sites give

http://www.theyogashala.net/timetable.html

Wed
    17:15 - 18:30
    Pregnancy Pregnancy Laragh City 1 place left

thur
    18:35 - 20:00
    Pregnancy Pregnancy Laragh Barna Waiting List - book early

http://www.pennyjonesyoga.com/timetable.html

Fri
    9.45 - 10.45

Wed
    6 - 7.15

Mon
    6.45 - 8

http://galwayyoga.weebly.com/yoga-for-pregnancy.html

Mon
    6 - 7.30

Tue
    Athenry
    7 - 8pm

Fri
    10.30am - 12

There is only 1 that suits; We will double check them. I'm pretty sure it was full when we rang previously.
    The rest are either during work or full.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

last year I did a course in the Galway Yoga Centre across from Nicolas Church down where the market is on a Sat. Lady called Shrada runs them. They werte on at 6 o'clock couple of evenings a week. AFAIK she also did another season outside the city. Google her and see does it suit.

Thanks Clouds - unfortunately 6pm doesn't suit as its the same time she finishes work. It would take another 20 min to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hot Yoga on Tuam Road does classes at 6.30 Tuesdays and Thursdays, not sure if this is right for your wife. They're not super hard but the heat does affect you.

Btw, congrats on the pregnancy :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Biko - I think she rang them and she said its not suitable for pregnant women. However I do hear that hot yoga is super hard/cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Handiniho

I did pregnancy yoga in Devon House, Lwr Salthill.
    http://www.yogawithmaev.net/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

We have a gentle yoga class in the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre which is near Kinvara on the Galway Clare border, and we always have between 1 and 3 pregnant girls in the class.

It is not specifically for pregnancy, but i always cater special postures and alternatives for the pregnant girls.

If you search for "Burren Yoga" you will be able to see more.

We charge €90 for an 8 week course, so it works out about €11 per class.

We also teach weekend residential workshops, and if you wish to find out which ones would be suitable for pregnancy, best to phone me on 091-637680

Congratulations on your pregnancy.... my wife had a baby girl 2 weeks ago, and i believe the yoga was very helpful to her.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

Thanks for the posting Dave, but the distance is too much. I think we are sorted with a session in Galway city now - out in Roscam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Penny Jones who teaches in Roscam is very good. You will enjoy her classes ;-)

Very good idea to sign up for the Anti Natal classes as soon as possible in Galway (or whatever area you prefer) as they book out months in advance.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SineadPh

i did pregnancy yoga in Salthill on Tuesdays www.yogawithmaev.net, there were two classes to choose from (630 and 730PM). Very enjoyable and would recommend the class for any mother to be. Congratulations.

SP

Sniipe wrote: »
    My wife is wondering if there is any place doing this? She has rang all she can find so far - which are either full or on during 9am - 6pm weekdays.

Perhaps someone knows of someone doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 red brick road

Hi I've heard of a midwife teaching yoga classes in Leisureland on Saturday mornings her website is www.yogamamma.ie I heard she gives nice relaxing classes and pregnancy advice, Good luck!

Advertisement