Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice Please!!

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    Looking for some advice on moving to Oz. I was in Oz three years ago for a few months on a WHV but didn't actually work. My partner and I now wish to move to Oz in the next few months. He has been in Oz but only on a holiday visa. He is a carpenter for the last 10 years basically I want to know what my options are:
    Should I go to Oz on a holiday visa and pray my boyfriend will get sponsored pretty quick so I can then go under his sponsorship (also if anybody has done this b4 all info would be great)
    Should we organize him to get sponsored before we go and then I can work when we get to Oz under his sponsorship?
    Are you def not allowed to get another WHV even when you never worked one day in Oz?
    All advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Galway2726 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for some advice on moving to Oz. I was in Oz three years ago for a few months on a WHV but didn't actually work. My partner and I now wish to move to Oz in the next few months. He has been in Oz but only on a holiday visa. He is a carpenter for the last 10 years basically I want to know what my options are:
    Should I go to Oz on a holiday visa and pray my boyfriend will get sponsored pretty quick so I can then go under his sponsorship (also if anybody has done this b4 all info would be great)
    Should we organize him to get sponsored before we go and then I can work when we get to Oz under his sponsorship?
    Are you def not allowed to get another WHV even when you never worked one day in Oz?
    All advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.....

Mod Hi, this question has been asked many times - use the 'search this forum' link on the right hand side.

You are def not allowed to get another WHV.

I would normally lock this thread, but since it is post number 1, I'll leave it open so after you search you can ask question.

The two options you have are sponsorship and PR - both are not easy.
    So use the search for these terms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

:
    Well as most people on here will tell you that getting employers to sponsor you is not that easy or quick, he might have to work on a WHV for 5 or 6 months before they get their finger out and lodge the paperwork.
    :
    This is probably your best option for both of you from the start, but its going to be a struggle. Get on www.seek.com.au and start applying.
    :

Definitely not, once its been activated its gone.

Advertisement