Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to airport

Options
  • 10-03-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

howdy,
    Heading to Lanzorote for a little holiday soon but I'm flying out from Belfast. I live in Drogheda. How long does it take and is it handy enough to get to? I'm on an early morning flight and not sure how much time to give myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Belfast City (George Best airport) or Belfast International?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

I'd have to look at the tickets and I'm at work but I presume it's international?

I'd have to look at the tickets and I'm at work but I presume it's international?

Belfast International is actually just outside Antrim town whereas Belfast City, as the name suggests, is in the city. The city airport also does international flights so you'd need to check the tickets and post back again :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Just checked the web and yeah it's belfast International :)

Going by Google maps they say it takes an hour and forty five minutes. It usually not too far off the mark TBH. If it was the other airport, in the city, I would've told you to allow much more time in the morning as the Westlink is usually jammed... The directions given by Google maps are the ones I would follow too. Fairly straight forward and as you get closer it'll be well signposted. Allow time for car-parking and check-in as well. Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement

Ok mate cheers...I'll print them out before I go. It's just I printed out directions to W5 a few weeks ago from google maps and there were some mistakes on it!:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Penfailed wrote: »
    Belfast City (George Best airport) or Belfast International?

Belfast city isn't even in county antrim.. :pac: Heres your directions

: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Drogheda,+Ireland&daddr=Belfast,+County+Antrim+BT29+4AB,+United+Kingdom+(Belfast+International+Airport)&hl=en&geocode=FSSnMwMdTgqf_ykv9W6aIzpnSDGAvjGXqccACg%3BFS8SQgMdViCh_yG9L_3IJItnIw&mra=pd&sll=54.292485,-6.135864&sspn=1.635149,5.984802&ie=UTF8&ll=54.173689,-6.300659&spn=1.639862,5.984802&z=9

Are you going tomorrow? Well be warned theres going to be really bad snow in northern ireland tomorrow.. it might shock you when you get to belfast when its snowing and it was raining down south.. well we up here are in the cold air so we will get snow tomorrow while yous are getting rain.. long story.. anyhow its ment to be bad tomorrow night so watch out..

owenc wrote: »
    Belfast city isn't even in county antrim.. :pac:

Erm...yes, yes it is.

Erm...yes, yes it is.

Erm naw its in county down.. anyway... yea just incase you are going tomorrow leave early preferably before dark as thats when its ment to turn to snow here is the uk forecast:http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_weather.html Warning out and by the end of the snow some places could have 30cm... hmm doubt any airports will be open tomorrow night!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Erm naw its in county down.. anyway... yea just incase you are going tomorrow leave early preferably before dark as thats when its ment to turn to snow here is the uk forecast:http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_weather.html Warning out and by the end of the snow some places could have 30cm... hmm doubt any airports will be open tomorrow night!!!:eek:

I'm with you, cos 1) I know belfast is in Down, and 2) I'm guessing you're in the North, and are therefore more knowledgeable!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

+1

Erm naw its in county down

Maybe have a look at the address here - http://www.belfast-bhd.airports-guides.com/

Half of Belfast is in Co.Antrim, the other half in Co.Down ;)

Maybe have a look at the address here - http://www.belfast-bhd.airports-guides.com/

Half of Belfast is in Co.Antrim, the other half in Co.Down ;)

WRONG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best_Belfast_City_Airport

Yes i know that.. i think all of it should be in county down they don't sound antrim at all and are too far south to be considered true antrim i mean they are south of lough neagh and most of antrim is north of it! Back OT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

WRONG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best_Belfast_City_Airport

Yes i know that.. i think all of it should be in county down they don't sound antrim at all and are too far south to be considered true antrim i mean they are south of lough neagh and most of antrim is north of it! Back OT

To be fair anyone can go in and edit Wiki, its the most useless place to go for usefull information, if that makes sense, he he

Anyways OP you can get sat nav's for about €80 now, try harvey normans ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

OK lads thanks for the replies :)

Advertisement