Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to buy a suit - Any sales on? Or best place to go

• 10-03-2011 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hi all

I need to buy a suit but dont know really know where to go in Limerick to get one.

I was hoping to get one on sale and maybe spend about 100-150 or so.

Anyone have any ideas where i could get one?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Hi all

I need to buy a suit but dont know really know where to go in Limerick to get one.

I was hoping to get one on sale and maybe spend about 100-150 or so.

Anyone have any ideas where i could get one?

I got a lovely suit in Deignan's last year. It's the shop on O'Connell Avenue near the junction with St.Joseph's Street. There was a sale on at the time (got mine for €105), but they always seem to have different signs up with different offers whenever I walk past the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Deignan's have another sale on at the moment, with a number of suits in your price range.

There is also a suit outlet place across from the NVT centre in the Eastway Business Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Thanks guys

I'll pop in there tomorrow and have a look.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Was shopping myself for a suit last week and spotted some absolute bargains in Burton over on the Childers Road. (only went in to pick up shoes). Suits for 75 beans. Now I know you get what you pay for, and nothing beats a tailored suit. But these were more than half price.

Also, there's a sale shop in the crescent after chapps/connollys who have some great offers, but few sizes. As have tk maxx at the parkway.

Happy shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

+1 on Deignans. Got a nice suit there last summer, 50% off and great service. He'd spend the day with you helping to find something that suits you best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

got a fine suit out in shaws a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Hooked wrote: »
    Was shopping myself for a suit last week and spotted some absolute bargains in Burton over on the Childers Road. (only went in to pick up shoes). Suits for 75 beans. Now I know you get what you pay for, and nothing beats a tailored suit. But these were more than half price.

+1 on Burton. The bf got some for work & a wedding. The suits are lovely & good price, some are "tailored fit" & some regular fit so would advise trying on the trousers especially as may need to go size up for the tailored ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

I got a lovely suit in Deignan's last year. It's the shop on O'Connell Avenue near the junction with St.Joseph's Street. There was a sale on at the time (got mine for €105), but they always seem to have different signs up with different offers whenever I walk past the place.

Went to Deigan's today. Got me a nice suit for €120 as the sale was still on. Man there was a gent, really helpful.
    Thanks all:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I didnt get to see the place myself, but at the roundabout by b+q where the little traffic island is with all the signs advertising the stuff in the retail park, there was a yellow sign about some suit distributor open 7 days pointing back down the road past the entrance to the retail park. Not sure where it is exactly though

oops found their site and address!

http://www.suits.ie/
    Opposite NCT centre
    Unit 5C
    Eastway Business Park
    Ballysimon Road
    Limerick
    +353 61 422212

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

phill106 wrote: »
    I didnt get to see the place myself, but at the roundabout by b+q where the little traffic island is with all the signs advertising the stuff in the retail park, there was a yellow sign about some suit distributor open 7 days pointing back down the road past the entrance to the retail park. Not sure where it is exactly though

oops found their site and address!

http://www.suits.ie/
    Opposite NCT centre
    Unit 5C
    Eastway Business Park
    Ballysimon Road
    Limerick
    +353 61 422212

Went up there recently, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Very dissappointing range of clobber. It's ok for maybe the odd shirt but thats about it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

brousuka wrote: »
    Went up there recently, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Very dissappointing range of clobber. It's ok for maybe the odd shirt but thats about it imo.
    pity!
    ah well, i dont have much need for suits anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

+1 for Deignan's

I went there from your guys recomendations, The owner John is an absolutly true gent as stated before he will spend the day helping you make the right choice and also give his expert opinion also he is priced very reasonably and has suits to suit(excuse the pun) everyones budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 results

I took the advice of this thread and went to Deignan. John Deignan is one of the nicest men I have met. I was literally talking to him for an hour, and he is extremely helpful, the conversation went from chatting about suits to his families pet turtles! I left with a great suit at a great price, in good form for my interview.

I told him about this thread and he is going to look it up! You can buy what you like online, but you could never get that kind of personal service

Advertisement