Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please reinstate the biker.ie thread

• 10-03-2011 1:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Cmon mods it was just about to get interesting :p:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

How on earth can golbal be Ireland's No 1 biker site?Wayyyyyyyyyyy down the peckin order

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Quality, not quantity my good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ah gwan bring it back i was enjoying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

...eeeehhh.... have I missed something :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is there some sort of website feud going on?

Stroll over to biker.ie and type boards.ie on a post
    It filters to wankbuckets.ie

Not very nice
    What's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Not very nice
    What's going on?

Some sort of biker rivalry I suppose. Are we the bloods or the crisps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Some sort of biker rivalry I suppose. Are we the bloods or the crisps?

LOL, We're the Salt 'n' Vinegar and they're the Smoky Bacon :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hmm, well its all very childish but yes they seem to hate anyone who is on here. I had 1000+ posts over there and used to organise a lot of Sunday spins, but as soon as they heard I was the mod over here I was sitebanned. TBH I'd prefer not to encourage slagging of other sites, cant all the children just play nice with eachother??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Not very nice
    What's going on?

they have that on anything that's not related to their own site. Small minded people with small minded ideas....
    Zascar wrote: »
    Hmm, well its all very childish but yes they seem to hate anyone who is on here. I had 1000+ posts over there and used to organise a lot of Sunday spins, but as soon as they heard I was the mod over here I was sitebanned. TBH I'd prefer not to encourage slagging of other sites, cant all the children just play nice with eachother??

Childish...yes! Definitely. While I don't condone forum bashing in any form, I think that Iano gob****e should have been able to come back to defend what he said....if he has the balls. He's not a mod here...no power. See if he's as hard!! I doubt it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Awww, I didn't even get to read it. Is it completely gone? Can't even find a locked one

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Awww, I didn't even get to read it. Is it completely gone? Can't even find a locked one

You didn't miss much. A certain mod from Biker talking sh!te about how great the site is, when anyone with half a brain knows what it's really like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

awh it was deleted before i got that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've biker.ie stickers on the bike and you might meet others the odd time at traffic lights.

Met Iano one day on Clonliffe Rd in Dublin, seemed a very nice guy and shook hands.
    But put a person behind a keyboard and they can have a different personality I suppose

I followed the other thread but I must have missed the end of it, didn't see these posts

I've biker.ie stickers on the bike and you might meet others the odd time at traffic lights.

Met Iano one day on Clonliffe Rd in Dublin, seemed a very nice guy and shook hands.
    But put a person behind a keyboard and they can have a different personality I suppose...

I'm a member too, but I don't bother any more....

As for meeting the guy...he's probably the nicest person in the world face to face, but on the site, behind the keyboard...he's a dick. I'd like to see if he's as smarmy to my face!!! I doubt it somehow! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GM101

It was my presence that killed this thread and i should have dealth with it a more proper and professional manner. But i do hate when my site is tarred and feathered by people who do not have the slightest understanding how to run a forum themselfs and bash what they do not understand. Global is not irelands no 1 forum and the very idea of such a remark is aimed at bashing it once again!! To set off a motion of anti global all over again!! I do not allow forum bashing as i find it childish where as your mods have the same understaning as i do. It should'nt matter what forum is up and running as its for the members to enjoy and these silly bar fights over who is bigger and better are for the school yard. I registered here not to kick this off nor to get involved in such chat, i registered here as i was curious. Maybe i may be banned as i am known of who i really am and i won't mind it if it happens either as im very busy running my forum anyway and don't have this type of spare time. But less bashing my site as its childish and so imature!!

GM101 wrote: »
    It was my presence that killed this thread and i should have dealth with it a more proper and professional manner....

In fairness....you didn't come in here with all guns blazing. You didn't name-call or diss anybody. With all due respect, I doubt it was your presence that killed the thread, but the direction it was going. You have no reason to apologise.

Forum bashing is great fun! In fairness, most people have user names on both biker.ie and boards. I'm sure some on biker rip into boards, then come onto boards when they need info and vice versa.

I haven't got one on global, but intend to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Forum bashing is great fun! In fairness, most people have user names on both biker.ie and boards. I'm sure some on biker rip into boards, then come onto boards when they need info and vice versa.

I haven't got one on global, but intend to.

I'm a member on a few of them and I have to say biker.ie is definitely the funniest, and the busiest by a long shot. The global one is just a daisy chain patting each other on the back, IBF is much better than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

*turns over and goes back to sleep* yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

well can't comment on biker as not on it yet. as for ibf +global - both have good and bad points but I enjoy them both (i admit i have fun on global more as of late). but I wouldn't bash any of them - it's all well and good to say things on a site but face to face - if you wouldn't say it to that person/s/etc in "REAL life" then shut up. simples!

enough backstabbing and **** in the world without people throwing tantrums. its the love of motorbikes, rides outs and so forth that draw us all together..... who cares where! life is too short - or am i foolish enough to believe in this?!
    *shrugs* each to their own - and each has the right to their opinion. (would be interesting to read the original thread but life goes on)

• Advertisement

roadsmart wrote: »
    I'm a member on a few of them and I have to say biker.ie is definitely the funniest, and the busiest by a long shot. The global one is just a daisy chain patting each other on the back, IBF is much better than them.

Cheers for that!! I allways did suspect your email!! Well you don't like global then you have no reason been there now have you!!

corkimp wrote: »
    well can't comment on biker as not on it yet.

Do yourself a favour....DON'T!! Unless you rub the egos of the twats who run it, you won't be accepted and you won't get very far. You seem neutral, stay that way. Good on ya.

WOW! That sounds like a REALLY well educated, well thought out comment. NOT!! What a tool!
    Cheers for that!! I allways did suspect your email!! Well you don't like global then you have no reason been there now have you!!

Oh, oh! :eek:

Banned for posting an opinion on your forum? Ah well, no loss if thats your attitude. It backs up what I said really.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Banned for posting an opinion on your forum? Ah well, no loss if thats your attitude. It backs up what I said really.:)

You have no respect for the forum so why would you want to be a member anyway? Just to lurk and do pretty much what you're doing now anyway?

You don't want to be on the forum as your above statement made that very clear!! You were banned for using the wolpath bug trying to break into the forum and not over your statement above so thats something you were keeping very quite on now was'nt it! Trying to hack into the forum is an instant ban and thats why you were banned mate!! And not over that childish remark made as that had no effect with me!!

My time here has ended and id like to thank everyone for their input as i found it very interesting! All the best!!

You don't want to be on the forum as your above statement made that very clear!! You were banned for using the wolpath bug trying to break into the forum and not over your statement above so thats something you were keeping very quite on now was'nt it! Trying to hack into the forum is an instant ban and thats why you were banned mate!! And not over that childish remark made as that had no effect with me!!

My time here has ended and id like to thank everyone for their input as i found it very interesting! All the best!!
    Wolpath bug??? What drugs are you on???? I'm an ordinary Joe who's into bikes and joined a few sites, and I voiced an opinion here on yours and you banned me for it. Hacking? Bloody hell, that'd be funny if it wasnt so pathetic:rolleyes:

YAWN!!! :D

Biker.ie busier than boards? Not a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Biker.ie busier than boards? Not a chance!

Reckon he meant biker specific forums, but comparing biker.ie to the motorbike section of boards.ie then yeah biker.ie would be a lot busier!:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement