Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ikc papers

• 10-03-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

i bought a dog recently but when i recieved the dog i didnt recieve any papers. i was shown both parents papers and shown mother.i recieved the ikc recgistration certificate in the post but no papers .where can i get them

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ring IKC and ask them they will go though it all with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

jodie85 wrote: »
    i bought a dog recently but when i recieved the dog i didnt recieve any papers. i was shown both parents papers and shown mother.i recieved the ikc recgistration certificate in the post but no papers .where can i get them

Normally you get the dogs full papers from the breeder.

With the IKC cert, just fill it out and return with your details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Em, the IKC cert is the papers;)
    There are no other papers, the IKC registration are the "papers" that people talk about.
    You only have one piece of paper and they are the registration papers so theres nothing else you will get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kitiara

jodie85 wrote: »
    Jodie,

is it the pedigree you are looking for? that must be provided by the breeder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

andreac wrote: »
    Em, the IKC cert is the papers;)
    There are no other papers, the IKC registration are the "papers" that people talk about.
    You only have one piece of paper and they are the registration papers so theres nothing else you will get.

Oh, OK. So the OP has those since jodie85 has the IKC cert already.

I thought the OP was talking about the breed papers, i.e. showing the pedigree of the dog, which you normally get from the breeder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

paultf wrote: »
    Oh, OK. So the OP has those since jodie85 has the IKC cert already.

I thought the OP was talking about the breed papers, i.e. showing the pedigree of the dog, which you normally get from the breeder.

They do show the Pedigree of the dog too, but will only show sire and dam.

The 5 generation pedigree goes back a bit further and can be bought from the IKC or sometimes the breeder can do up a rough copy for you, but they dont always have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

Ye like i mean the dogs bloodlines like,where can i get them from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

Kitiara wrote: »
    Jodie,

ye i mean the dogs bloodlines like,where can iget them from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Kitiara wrote: »
    Jodie,

No it isn't, its provided by the IKC.

Contact them, as you're the registered owner of the dog its not an issue, ask for the pedigree, you'll have to pay for it, and I think you have a choice of a 3 generation or 5 generation, you do in the UK, I imagine the IKC is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Your dogs breeder can give you a copy or you can contact the IKC and pay small fee to get a copy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement