Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can morning sickness return

Options
  • 10-03-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Have any of you girls experienced morning sickness return in the second trimester? I've been feeling great since week 14 and with my belly looking more like a pregnancy belly rather then a few extra pounds and feeling the baby kicking I've really started to enjoy the whole pregnancy thing.

Now at 18 almost 19 weeks that familiar nauseous feeling accompanied by headaches has returned. :( Its not as bad as it was and feeling the karate champ in training has made it far more palatable but the thoughts of spending any more time over the toilet bowl is depressing.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

1st pregnancy it went for about a week the 2nd I was only physically sick for a few weeks but nauseaus for it all but with weeks of being sick in between.
    Only advice I can give is lots of ginger and eat anything that doesn't make you feel awful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Mine is back - I only had a slight respite (am 25-26 weeks). Am having a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On my first i had it all the way through.. second i had it on and off till the end and last time i was throwing up till about 14 weeks and then had nausea on and off in competition with indigestion. This time i'm just nauseous all the time . . especially at night and NOTHING makes it go away except crawling into my bed and going asleep, i'm 12 weeks now and not waiting for it to go . . .
    Hormones fluctuating will do it . . as long as you know it's morning sickness and not anything else like food poisoning.
    My first pregnancy the sickness was caused by the iron i was taking. I discovered this when i started taking it with my 2nd. If you're taking iron it might be worth asking the gp about alternatives..
    Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dangerd

Thanks for the advice girls. Its mainly nausea and headaches since its returned. No throwing up yet but it came close this morning:( It will all be worth it in the end though and I'll keep my fingers crossed it doesnt last long in the mean time :) for all of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the misses swears by biscuits and crackers to avoid the sickness. If she nibbles it goes away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I didnt get it at all until the second trimester. And it was 4 o clock in the morning sickness, usually from too long without eating something. Also certain smells set it off.

Advertisement