Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby on board

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was thinking lucky woman ,she obviously hadn't too much pain:)
    lol
    My last labour was 55 minutes so kind of preparing myself if I have anymore this is a good possibility but, the thing that would bother me most is the pain!!
    I am still under the influence of baby brain;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I saw them on the news last night. The resisted the temptation to call her Edna after our new glorious leader :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My sons friend's folks delivered their last (number 4) just outside the entrance to the port tunnel there last year. That made the news too. :)

Would hate to deliver baby on the side of the road. Nearly happened to us but we decided to go back into the house instead. Great move with hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I thought this was about those baby on board car stickers that serve no purpose whatsoever (I notice them, but I'm not sure it's ever affected how I drive behind a car with one on!!)

Anyway, saw it on the news last night and was struck by how remarkably calm and together the mother was (and how great she looked!) after giving birth that morning! From hazy recollection, I was in tatters at that stage:D

Best of luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Hehe- love these types of stories! My friend was born in a car on the way to the hospital as well...
    I don't know whether I'd love or hate for that to happen to me! Would love the fast labour, would be totally freaking out that something would happen to my baby though!

Hehe: kudos to her finace as well actually! Having a good giggle thinking how mine would deal with that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

caseyann wrote: »
    Did anyone see about the Man who helped his finance give birth on the Naas road? :)
    But as they were driving along the Naas Road around 7.30am, Niamh told Wayne she thought she could feel the baby's head coming out. "I didn't believe her but then I looked and saw it," he told the Irish Independent last night. "I shot across three lanes and pulled over on to a side road near Bewley's Hotel."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/baby-on-board-dad-delivers-daughter-on-drive-to-hospital-2573591.html

Imagine having to give birth to your child in those circumstances!

Baby Ruby doing well and mother,wish them best of luck and congratulations to the proud dadmidwife :D
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/baby-on-board-dad-delivers-daughter-on-drive-to-hospital-2573591.html

Hasnt this happened before here on same road :D
    It is a great story with a very happy ending thankfully. As someone whose last labour lasted 28 hours I was so envious when I read how short Niamh's labour was. Best of luck to baby Ruby and her parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fittle wrote: »
    I thought this was about those baby on board car stickers that serve no purpose whatsoever (I notice them, but I'm not sure it's ever affected how I drive behind a car with one on!!)

Fittle the purpose of those baby on board stickers is actually to make the emergency services (ambulance/guards/fire brigade) aware that you may of had a baby in the car if they were to come across an accident on the side of the road. A car seat or baby could be thrown from the car on impact and it would make someone aware that a baby or young child could be injured in the area around the accident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Fittle the purpose of those baby on board stickers is actually to make the emergency services (ambulance/guards/fire brigade) aware that you may of had a baby in the car if they were to come across an accident on the side of the road. A car seat or baby could be thrown from the car on impact and it would make someone aware that a baby or young child could be injured in the area around the accident

off topic i know,but that is not true, urban myth, http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/babysign.asp
    on topic, i know a couple who had their second child outside terenure garda station in morning rush hour. surprised this does not happen more often in this country given the distances people travel to hospital

Advertisement