Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Kingsmeadow extension

• 10-03-2011 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if the building work at lidl on the Tramore road is for more of the same or are they expanding the range (more durable goods?).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I think they are currently adding a bakery to the Lidl in Kilkenny (although I'm open to correction) so this could be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

doesn't say much but

construction of a single storey, flat roofed extension
    including an enclosed plant area, to the front of the
    existing licensed discount food store. The extension
    measures approx. 115m2 gross floor space. All materials
    and finishes will be consistent with existing store. The
    proposed development also comprises all assoc. site
    works
    Tramore Road
    Waterford
    http://www.waterfordcity.ie/search-results.htm?cx=009692568879310796276%3Aqdnf4aqieys&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&q=lidl+&sa=Search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

On their facebook page it said they are trialing the bakerys in 5 locations with a view to country wide roll out and in some stores they were making room to facilitate this should they need the space.

"Lidl Ireland ‎@ Liam - we will investigate your concerns regarding Clonee. @ Christine re Swords we have nothing confirmed for Swords yet. @ Katrin and Keith - bakeries are being trialled at the moment, pending success we may roll out further!
    February 21 at 5:16pm"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Adyx wrote: »
    I think they are currently adding a bakery to the Lidl in Kilkenny (although I'm open to correction) so this could be the same.

yeah the old lidl in kilkenny has gone through a revamp and a new bakery has been built on to it, they also built a new lidl in kilkenny and it also has a bakery so i'd imagine there at the same

Is is proper bakery like Superquinn or do they reheat frozen bread like tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It's all done and should be baking on Monday I think. Lots of conspicuously empty baskets in front of the display today.

Lidl have also refitted the place with new shelves and I think the lighting is new. They have also re-arragned the stock so it now takes twice as long to shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Went to the bakery in Tramore today and their cakes are lovely. Can't wait for the one down the road to get going.

I think its a really good addition to LIDL as I always think of the old KVI Crazy Prices when I think of Lidl. As in everything in cardboard, nothing fresh. Great prices but not a treat.

I would have thought Aldi would have done this first. Its really good that they put it just inside the front door like Superquinn, you can't pass that without pigging out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Wonder if they will have daily freshly baked sliced pans as their wrapped breads are woeful and most don't even feel squeesy fresh, same with Aldi even worse their.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

They should do. We went in there this afternoon and all the stuff out was warm and fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

It is all frozen. I am doing a small bit of supply work in all the stores, the smaller stores are getting the fitout like Tramore and the larger busier stores are getting the treatment line the Tramore road one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The one in Dungarvan is been built on to aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

All of them are, even up north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

They had a 30% uplift in the trial stores in the turnover, why wouldn't they be building them in all the stores!!!

No bakery on sunday in kingsmeadow, wanted to try it yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Can anyone recommend this re-heated frozen bread..... is it better than oul Mr. Brennan's~todays bread~today :D

i had some Tuesday evening. It was fine, pretty fresh as they were still baking at 17:00/. I had a apple turn over and a seeded roll. There were same price as Tesco, no offers.

Not a patch on Superquinn but last time I went there I was shocked as the price of some of the loaves, most were €3.00 +, though they did have more offers on cream cakes etc.

But yeah at the end od the day it it re-heated frozen, fresh bread!

Advertisement