Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G enabled IP Camera with a Vodafone data sim

Options
  • 10-03-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I am using a 3G enabled IP Camera with a Vodafone data sim
    The setup is as follows :
    APN : hs .vodafone.ie
    UN: vodafone
    Pass : vodafone
    Dial # : *99#

I want to use dnydns to access the camera but i need the IP address that the camera is assigned when it connects to the 3g network.

how do i go about getting the IP address ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Firstly check out the third post down from Dave on this page -

http://3g-router.ie/2009/02/whats-my-apn/#more-5

What make / model is the IP camera?

I will probably have a DDNS option in one of the menus.

If you register with the DDNS provider that is listed in the camera menu and enable the DDNS option in the camera, it will automatically update the DDNS service with its current IP address.

You should then be able to access the camera using whatever DDNS domain that you registered.

Just make sure to add the port number at the end if the camera does not use port 80.

e.g. http://myipcamera.myddnsservice.com:88

If you log into your DDNS providers account you should be able to see the current IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theMountain

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

How do you find that camera?? Buddy of mine looking for something similar to keep an eye on some plant machinery and no broadband available on site, so no network to use WiFi camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theMountain

Camera is great, but just need to get the 3G broadband accessing the camera. Will update you when all's well !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I'm told that the devices are firewalled on Vodafone's side, unless you've got a corporate account with static ip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement