Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax Anytime 3mb?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I am currently with Eircom at the moment and would like to change to someone cheaper for my phone and broadband. I cant get UPC here where I live in Portlaoise, cant get a signal from Digiweb so I have been looking at the Wimax Anytime 3MB for 40 Euro pm, does anyone else have this? All I can find on here are complaints about Wimax but it all dates back 2-3 years?Is anyone a happy Wimax customer? I am looking specifically with people who use the box that picks up the signal from outside, they then run a cable inside from the box which connects to a wireless modem and you connect your phone to the back of the modem.

Thanks.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Donalh

I have the same dilemma but after reading current reviews of WIMAX decided not to touch them wiht a barge pole. They seem to be notorious for treating customers very poorly. See this link for current reviews, the comments section for Imagine Wimax makes for some interesting reading http://ratemyisp.ie/ratings/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vera Duckworth

Yikes....it sounds like a big mistake to get involved with them, cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

I have Wimax 3mb, actually it is 5-6mb as they don't cap the 3mb pack. I am an Irish broadband customer 5 years and had 2 issues in that time.

First issue was a technical problem, had to wait a week without broadband until an engineer came out.

The second issue was very unprofessional, basically when Irish broadband changed from the radio antenna to the wimax service, the broadband was cut without notice and only when I rang them was I informed of the pending changes. I was around two weeks without broadband while the changeover was completed. This included the changeover of the equipment in my home.

Apart from the above mentioned the service has been flawless. Wimax is quick and the equipment is made by motorola.
    My package is €30 per month (3mb) and includes a phone with no line rental and unlimited local, national and UK land line calls. They also include a wimax hub so I have WIFI in the house and garden.

Overall I would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

I just signed up to wimax and can only get 1 bar of signal . should i send it back before its too late to do so ?

Does anyone know of any other broadband companys that will do wireless with out a phone line and is suitable for xbox connection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

UPC are doing 20mb for 25 quid a month with a 500gb download limit. Far cheaper than anyone else.

On the downside since mine got upgraded to 20mb it seems to cut out alot more. Hoping it gets sorted soon!

• Advertisement

eimear10 wrote: »
    I just signed up to wimax and can only get 1 bar of signal

Do you have an indoor aerial Eimear? Mine is an outdoor setup, similar to a sky dish... I could see there being differences in the performance of the two.

Thanks for the replies, however upc dont do my area and i live in an apartment block so i dont think the out door aerial is suitable.. do you know do they charge extra for the out door arial ?

Thanks again..

Know any other broadband thats suitable for xbox connection ?

No extra charge for the outdoor.

Other providers... Magnet, Eircom, Vodafone (Vodafone at home not the mobile version)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

thanks for that ill check out vodafone and eircom.... magnet are veryexpensive... ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY COD ONLINE :(...

Thanks again

No problem, good luck with it. COD is perfect on Eircom, never played it with vodafone. Check out the gaming forum too ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement