Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic water descalers

Options
  • 10-03-2011 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I've got hard water (312 mg/l) and am looking for a cheap enough solution.

Just wondering if anyone has used these eletronic descalers with wires that you wrap around the outside of the pipe and that send magnetic pulses through the water?

Just wondering if they work, if they can be used on 35mm plastic pipe and if anyone can recommend a model?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

There is considerable information on the Internet if you search for it.
    Some information supports them and others say they don't work so you will just have to make your own mind up.My own opinion is that for the price involved they may be worth trying. But really a proper treatment plant is what is required. As you really need to remove the limescale not alter it's characteristics
    which is all I believe Magnetic Descalers do.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Try this.
    It stops the scale from forming anywhere is this what you want or do youwant it out of the water completly. Bare in mind this does not work for the kettle as it is not connected via a pipe.
    If you have lime the water will go milky for a while as the device breaks it down and it comes out through your taps.
    I have one and I have no problems with lime where I did before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 enigmaetc

Hi, I can confirm most of these devices work, provided they are located and installed correctly. My company pioneered this technology in 1989 and sell to major companies, organisations etc. If you want more info go to www.electronicdescaler.com. With respect to the kettle, it will remain clean if you rinse it out after each use and refill with treated water. Use a stiff nylon kitchen brush to encourage calcium deposits to come away.
    John Thompson

Advertisement