Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer in Athlone

Options
  • 10-03-2011 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi :)

Im a 31 years old guy living in Athlone, and I wonder where I can play soccer in spare time, with friendly people where I feel welcome.

I used to play with friends in Portugal, but I am here living for one year already, and do not know anyone who plays, and I miss playing it because it's always good to do some exercise.

If anyone use to play or knows where I can play I would appreciate the help.

Cheers

João

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Where abouts are you living? If you want to join a club there are plenty teams in the area:

Monksland United, St Peters, Willow Park, Clonbunny, Gentex, Clonown Rovers, Ericsson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CSMFAN

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Where abouts are you living? If you want to join a club there are plenty teams in the area:

Monksland United, St Peters, Willow Park, Clonbunny, Gentex, Clonown Rovers, Ericsson.

Hi Saint Mel,

Thanks for your reply and suggetions, I never tried 11vs11 football, usually 5vs5 or 7vs7.

Do you play in any of that teams ?

Im living in West Side, Bastion Court

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭delito

If your every arranging a game of 5 aside Id happily join in, Im not far from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

Any luck finding a game, maybe we should try get 10 together on this and organise a game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Any luck finding a game, maybe we should try get 10 together on this and organise a game

im going to organise something for this thursday night at 8, i can get at least 5 people, maybe 8, on the sports centre you can easily play 7 a side on the quarter pitch, pm me for details, i'll deffo have numbers by tuesday

• Advertisement

Definitely a game going ahead this thursday at 8 in the sports centre, i have 7 already, more welcome, the more the merrier and all that

add me to facebook as i will post up about it on there only

www.facebook.com/darokane

plus pm me your number if interested

footie tonight at the sports centre if anyones interested

8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bennyk15

Hi anyone here still playing 5 a side around Athlone and need a player or two for numbers? Gimme a shout back if ye do, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

If someone is doing a 5-a-side or something like that I'd be up for it. Moved up a few weeks back and wouldn't mind the bit of exercise, it'd been a while since I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Freddiestar

I play with work crowd but can't always get the 10. PM me and I'll put you down, we're usually stuck for 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Bennyk15

PM sent to you Freddiestar :-)

Advertisement