Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone any experiences with sellmyhouse.ie?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've looked at the sellmyhouse.ie site, has anyone had any experience of using it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I tried to have a look at that website there ... woeful, not the easiest to browse!

I have noticed that any of these 'sell your own house' sites are full of over priced houses and apartments. My thinking would be that they are used by a lot of people who went to an estate agent who gave them a realistic assesment of what the actual value was ... they were insulted by the low valuation and decided on selling themselves .. in the vain hope of getting a higher price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

From reading the intro it seems the owner of that site has never heard of Daft or Myhome.ie. I don't see what this does that they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I'd have to question the selling ability of a company who failed to notice that their website reads like "smellyhouse.ie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

McTigs wrote: »
    I'd have to question the selling ability of a company who failed to notice that their website reads like "smellyhouse.ie"

just misread it as that myself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mollfi

I'm using an estate agent at the moment that puts all his properties on daft.ie as well as his own site of course.
    I was just wondering if it would be worth going down the road of trying to sell it or at least advertise it privately myself - that’s how I ended up checking out sellmyhouse.ie but I'm a bit dubious about it all to be honest.
    Maybe I should just stick with the agent, better the devil you know eh!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Zoundz

Yep! No matter how many times I read it - I still see smellyhouse.ie!
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mollfi

HeHeHe:P your're right - thats all I can see when I read it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

There's a few of these sites but I doubt many people view them. As long as your house is up on daft & myhome and priced to sell then that's all you can do really.

Advertisement