Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.1 or 3.1 speakers with optical input

• 10-03-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a speaker set with an optical input/output to connect to my TV

I have a blu ray player already and have run out of ports to plug stuff into so this is the only port I have left that's not used

Any suggestions on where I could go to research even would be greatly appreciated

Ideally I'd like a good set, but budget will dictate what I get Up to 250 euro

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If your TV has a headphone socket, you can use that to connect to an external amp powering speakers. That will give you a wider variety of good speakers to choose from.

I have used exactly such a setup myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I dont have a headphone socket, checked that option out already, I have a 3.5mm jack but its input only so dont really know what it does!

What's the model number of the TV?

A 3.5 mm input socket but no headphone one just doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

its a Viewpia LC-42IE12

I've tried plugging speakers into the 3.5mm jack and no sound happens had a look in audio settings and didn't see anything for it!

Found the specs and looks like you were right, its a 'PC' audio input. One of these might do the trick: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-DAC-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0038M3ID8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299874845&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement