Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I eligible? Advice please

• 10-03-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm in a bit of a predicament here and could do with some advice.

At the moment I am officially a mature college student but unforeseen circumstances and costs have made it impossible for me to keep it up. I now intend to leave college so that I am eligible for Job seekers benefit so I can pay urgent bills etc

I do have a job lined up for June but until then I'll need assistance from the government to keep me afloat. The only problem is that the requirements for JSB state that I need to have had a significant loss of income in order to be eligible. In my case I havn't had an income loss but I do have an essential expenses increase. I meet all the other criteria necessary for JSB regarding PRSI contributions etc

Is there any way around this? After doing the maths here I don't think I'll be able to feed myself on anything less than 170 a week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

you should be able to sign on immediately after finishing college. make sure you get a letter from the college stating you have left the course and from what date

Advertisement