Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ngb broadband

Options
  • 10-03-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I received a letter a few weeks ago saying that i will be included in a free ngb rollout. and will be upgraded.( Rush Co. Dublin)

its said it will be 8mb broadband and not congested.

However when i went to the eircom website it said that the area was ngb enabled. so i ran a speed check and it came in at 4.2mb ( granted that was quicker than my last connection speed (3mb) but not by any means 8mb)

the ping was higher too and seemed much slower. I use the broadband for gaming and i can see the difference in the connection while playing.

( i tested the line using an online calculator and it said the line is capable of the 8mb )

My main query is will it ever be at the 8mb speed? and will the non congested claim improve?

Thanks

Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Sorry for using your thread but great question.I'm in the same boat but not enabled yet?

Can you tell me how you done the line tests for best speed you can get.

I know of speedtest site but not the calculator one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Martron wrote: »
    Hello,

I received a letter a few weeks ago saying that i will be included in a free ngb rollout. and will be upgraded.( Rush Co. Dublin)

However when i went to the eircom website it said that the area was ngb enabled. so i ran a speed check and it came in at 4.2mb ( granted that was quicker than my last connection speed (3mb) but not by any means 8mb)

the ping was higher too and seemed much slower. I use the broadband for gaming and i can see the difference in the connection while playing.

( i tested the line using an online calculator and it said the line is capable of the 8mb )

My main query is will it ever be at the 8mb speed? and will the non congested claim improve?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martron,

Can you private message me with your telephone number or account number and I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

"Next generation broadband" is just a marketing term. It wont improve your line at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello,

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martron,

I Got your details and checked out your query. I sent you a PM if you have any follow up issues let mw know.

Thannks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

yep got it. happy enough now. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

yep got it. happy enough now. Thanks

Thanks Marton
    will let Mark know.
    Tony

Advertisement