Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line and Broadband

Options
  • 10-03-2011 4:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello,

I ordered a new line & broadband online at eircom.ie on 20th of February. I havent heard anything back. I did call 2 weeks ago and was told it can take up to 2 weeks to process.

Becuase im out of the country I got my mum to call and give her contact number incase i miss there call.

My mum told me she was told im on a waiting list and it wont be untill 25th of April before i get my line put in!

So in total it will take 10 weeks to put my line in. Im in a small neighbourhood in a large town (Tramore) where a line used to be in. How on earth can it take this long to put in broadband.

My order number is:
    9448759p

Thanks
    Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello,

I ordered a new line & broadband online at eircom.ie on 20th of February. I havent heard anything back. I did call 2 weeks ago and was told it can take up to 2 weeks to process.

Becuase im out of the country I got my mum to call and give her contact number incase i miss there call.

My mum told me she was told im on a waiting list and it wont be untill 25th of April before i get my line put in!

So in total it will take 10 weeks to put my line in. Im in a small neighbourhood in a large town (Tramore) where a line used to be in. How on earth can it take this long to put in broadband.

My order number is:
    9448759p

Thanks
    Nick

Hi Nick,

I will chase this up for you, if I don't get back with an update later today it will be early next week.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

please do let me know,
    thanks

please do let me know,
    thanks

Hi Nick,

Just following up, there is a appointment for a technican to call out on the 16/03/11. Did you get a call from eircom confirming that?

Thanks, Mark

Hi,
    I wasnt informed about the appointment.
    However i am out of the country at the moment.
    I will be home on the 15th however.
    So will be able to meet the technician on 16th like planned.
    Can you please let them know I am aware of them coming on the 16th.
    Could they please call me on my mobile if I am not home and i wont be to far away.
    thanks
    nick

Hi,
    I wasnt informed about the appointment.
    However i am out of the country at the moment.
    I will be home on the 15th however.
    So will be able to meet the technician on 16th like planned.
    Can you please let them know I am aware of them coming on the 16th.
    Could they please call me on my mobile if I am not home and i wont be to far away.
    thanks
    nick

Hi Nick,

I double-checked and I apologise the 18/03/11 was the date they sent me, not the 16th. My fault, this is due to a number of orders in place but they will call you on your mobile to confirm with a definitive time frame and to insure someone is at the address.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Nick,

I double-checked and I apologise the 18/03/11 was the date they sent me, not the 16th. My fault, this is due to a number of orders in place but they will call you on your mobile to confirm with a definitive time frame and to insure someone is at the address.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    No one showed up today and I didnt get a call!
    Thanks
    nick

Hi Mark,
    No one showed up today and I didnt get a call!
    Thanks
    nick

Hi Nick,

I apologise you were not contacted on Friday. Have you still not received any contact from eircom?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Nick,

I apologise you were not contacted on Friday. Have you still not received any contact from eircom?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    Good news I had my line installed today.

One last issue.
    I was told to contact Eircom 1800503303 to organise broadband!
    Rang them and arranged a package to suit my needs but I cant find the same package online so I want to double check what I was offered on the phone.

I contacted you a 2pm.

I was told:

8mb broadband
    Unlimited downloads
    Line Rental & A phone
    2000 minutes to uk landlines
    Unlimited calls to Irish landlines.
    Free connection.

All for €65 a month. (The first 6 months being cheaper than this and €65 a month after that)

I was also told this included the special offer being advertised online so I could just finalise the order over the phone and not worry about doing it online, I am worried I was only told this so someone would get there commision??? Maybe Im wrong.

Thanks
    Nick

Hi Mark,
    Good news I had my line installed today.

One last issue.
    I was told to contact Eircom 1800503303 to organise broadband!
    Rang them and arranged a package to suit my needs but I cant find the same package online so I want to double check what I was offered on the phone.

I contacted you a 2pm.

I was told:

8mb broadband
    Unlimited downloads
    Line Rental & A phone
    2000 minutes to uk landlines
    Unlimited calls to Irish landlines.
    Free connection.

All for €65 a month. (The first 6 months being cheaper than this and €65 a month after that)

I was also told this included the special offer being advertised online so I could just finalise the order over the phone and not worry about doing it online, I am worried I was only told this so someone would get there commision??? Maybe Im wrong.

Thanks
    Nick

Hi Nick,

The package I think you are refering to is here - http://bit.ly/eqUs9g however there is no bundle package that incorporates UK calls at the moment.

Thanks, Mark

Hmmmm thats strange, she was very clear about the UK landline calls for 2000 minutes a month!

Is there any 2000 minute addons for uk calls? She did actually call it a package for €65 which included calls to UK.

She was indian or african. If I gave you my new telephone landline number can you check what I have ordered from her on that?

• Advertisement

Hmmmm thats strange, she was very clear about the UK landline calls for 2000 minutes a month!

Is there any 2000 minute addons for uk calls? She did actually call it a package for €65 which included calls to UK.

She was indian or african. If I gave you my new telephone landline number can you check what I have ordered from her on that?

Hi Nick,

I got your PM thanks, I will look into it further and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

As per pm i just sent you.
    Can you confirm just broadband on line
    I dont want the phone or the UK package/addon I ordered as the extra charge wasnt told to me.
    Thanks
    Nick

As per pm i just sent you.
    Can you confirm just broadband on line
    I dont want the phone or the UK package/addon I ordered as the extra charge wasnt told to me.
    Thanks
    Nick

Hi Nick,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
    DId you get my PM?
    I have decided to go with the UK calls aswell for the €78 a month.
    It was just a big jump and when i realised the sales rep had lied to me i decided against it to think about it.
    But yeah can i go for that now?
    But I wouldnt like the sales rep to earn any commision out of it as she had definately misled me?
    Thanks
    Nick

Hi Mark,
    DId you get my PM?
    I have decided to go with the UK calls aswell for the €78 a month.
    It was just a big jump and when i realised the sales rep had lied to me i decided against it to think about it.
    But yeah can i go for that now?
    But I wouldnt like the sales rep to earn any commision out of it as she had definately misled me?
    Thanks
    Nick

Hi Nick,

I got yor PM thanks I will arrange that for you.

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your help. Any chance you could let me know how soon my girlfriend can start making calls to the UK on the UK plan? As the phone arrived on thursday and is plugged in and is making/recieving calls!
    Thanks,
    Nick

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your help. Any chance you could let me know how soon my girlfriend can start making calls to the UK on the UK plan? As the phone arrived on thursday and is plugged in and is making/recieving calls!
    Thanks,
    Nick

Hi Nick,

The talktime Anytime UK package has been applied. So all calls made from the date your second bill was sent out 25/03/11 will go under the package allowance so you call the UK and it will go under the package.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Hi there,

We have broadband at home and recently there was a fault with the modem, Eircom were great and replaced it! But in the last week or so the connection hasn't been great, it's been dropping, quite slow and often all three lights on the modem are flashing then they stop then they flash again. Can someone let me know if there is a fault recently or if there is something wrong with our connection please?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

LostGirly wrote: »
    Hi there,

We have broadband at home and recently there was a fault with the modem, Eircom were great and replaced it! But in the last week or so the connection hasn't been great, it's been dropping, quite slow and often all three lights on the modem are flashing then they stop then they flash again. Can someone let me know if there is a fault recently or if there is something wrong with our connection please?

Thanks
    Hi LostGirly
    If you PM me your tel no. I can see if any issue in area or on your own service.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Hi LostGirly
    If you PM me your tel no. I can see if any issue in area or on your own service.
    Thanks
    Tony

PM sent - thanks Tony!

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    I have a problem with my first bill
    I have been charged for my months phone rental €2.29 like I was told but I was also charged €9.87 for phone rental. This doesnt make sense.
    Also my broadband was meant to be active since yesterday but still isnt working. Im talking to customer care about it at the moment, they have told me its a problem with the exchange and will fix it. Will i be entitled to a refund for the days I dont get to use the broadband while im waiting for this.
    thanks
    nick

Hi Mark,
    I have a problem with my first bill
    I have been charged for my months phone rental €2.29 like I was told but I was also charged €9.87 for phone rental. This doesnt make sense.
    Also my broadband was meant to be active since yesterday but still isnt working. Im talking to customer care about it at the moment, they have told me its a problem with the exchange and will fix it. Will i be entitled to a refund for the days I dont get to use the broadband while im waiting for this.
    thanks
    nick

Hi Nick,

I will look into this and get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

hi mark any update on this?
    thanks
    nick

hi mark any update on this?
    thanks
    nick

Hi Nick,

Cheers for taking my call, let me know how you get on with broadband technical support regarding the time out issue you have been having.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement