Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-karting

• 10-03-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Folks!

Is there a place in Galway City (or near) where go-karting is available?
    All I can find in Google is quite far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

http://www.pallaskarting.com/

It's not that far from Galway City

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Place in the city here

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good place for karting for a stag party in March. As far as I can see only 2 places available near Galway: Galway City Karting & Pallas.

The Galway City Karting one looks fairly crap and boring so I dont think that an option.

Pallas looks better but its a bit away from our hotel, anybody got an opinion on this one?

I heard there was one that used to be owned by Eddie Irvine in Oranmore, is that still open?

Eddies place is gone since many years afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pallas is probably one of the best places in the country because of the big outdoor track. How many of ye are in it? If there's 16 ye can do the Grand Prix day, everyone gets about 4 races with semi finals and finals. The top 3 get trophy's, it's a great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Pallas has the biggest karting track in Europe! It's well worth the trip out, maybe 40min drive from the city.

It is great craic with a crowd, highly recommend it!;)

Thanks guys. Sorry for late reply. There's gonna be between 30-40 lads! I'm a bit worried about the drive, gonna be alot of sore heads on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Thanks guys. Sorry for late reply. There's gonna be between 30-40 lads! I'm a bit worried about the drive, gonna be alot of sore heads on the Saturday.
    Go karting in Pallas will certainly wake ye up. Big outdoor karts are a completely different kettle of fish to the small indoor things. Your arms go to jelly trying to drive them around the track, it's hard work.

The drive out is on small enough roads once you get close to the place but it's not to bad.

Check with a taxi company, they might be able to sort a driver and bus out for yous.

Thanks again,

Think I'll give some taxi companies a shout.