Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC "outstanding Service"!

• 10-03-2011 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Dundrum, Dublin. UPC, meant to be 20Mbit, actual 3 MBit.

For the last month at very least I get 3 MB instead of 20. Called @UPC Hotline like 2 weeks ago talked to a nice woman she was saying - your area has no issues with congestion or traffic etc. So should be down to your device/apt - we will call you back.. Never happen.
    So call again 4 days ago - we go trough routine with the HelpDesk man - do all the resets, different sates, the standard Q & A - he says no all fine your area is actually only using 20% of available bandwidth bla blah blah.
    So they make an appointment for Technical guy to come over. Ask for Thursday morning - between 9 and 13. Give me twice a call with "we believe we solve the problem (the iron voice man) blah blah blah - you still want the technical guy?" - ok YES i DO.

Then the very best part - the UPC Expert comes over - I report on what was done before - moden replaced, cable of of wall replaced. He takes the number of the modemcalls his "hotline", besides he wasnt aware of what my issue was in the fist place, so I explain that too. So after 1min his "hotline" tells him that they know that there is a problem "for couple of days" - after I say its like AT LEAST a month like this - indeed for about the time. Bang - and thats it - he can't do anything for me today and "they" have to check the Line bla bla blah. WTF? I have to take a half day off to listen to this? Is "his" hotlime more aware of things? And why the end users hotline BS people then? What a service!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it 3 MegaBytes or 3 Megabits you are getting? Because a lot of people confuse those terms and they are very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kromu

Is it 3 MegaBytes or 3 Megabits you are getting? Because a lot of people confuse those terms and they are very different.

3 Mbit indeed - not 3 Mbyte :) I would not complain then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Kromu wrote: »
    Dundrum, Dublin. UPC, meant to be 20Mbit, actual 3 MBit.

For the last month at very least I get 3 MB instead of 20. Called @UPC Hotline like 2 weeks ago talked to a nice woman she was saying - your area has no issues with congestion or traffic etc. So should be down to your device/apt - we will call you back.. Never happen.
    So call again 4 days ago - we go trough routine with the HelpDesk man - do all the resets, different sates, the standard Q & A - he says no all fine your area is actually only using 20% of available bandwidth bla blah blah.
    So they make an appointment for Technical guy to come over. Ask for Thursday morning - between 9 and 13. Give me twice a call with "we believe we solve the problem (the iron voice man) blah blah blah - you still want the technical guy?" - ok YES i DO.

Then the very best part - the UPC Expert comes over - I report on what was done before - moden replaced, cable of of wall replaced. He takes the number of the modemcalls his "hotline", besides he wasnt aware of what my issue was in the fist place, so I explain that too. So after 1min his "hotline" tells him that they know that there is a problem "for couple of days" - after I say its like AT LEAST a month like this - indeed for about the time. Bang - and thats it - he can't do anything for me today and "they" have to check the Line bla bla blah. WTF? I have to take a half day off to listen to this? Is "his" hotlime more aware of things? And why the end users hotline BS people then? What a service!
    I had same problem my 20mb was getting 6mb i told upc i did speedtest on other speed sites and they said it only there website they trust. I did a factory restore that didnt work rigth away so had to reboot it a few times bang on 2 am on www.speedtest.net i was getting 20mb the same site i was getting 6mb when my labtop was going slow so what they told was not true.I was using wired connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Kromu

Tried to reset many many times - nothing helped.
    Our area indeed had probs, but I thought they would fix it at some stage (that was 1/2 year ago).

Advertisement