Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap but decent restaraunt in Dublin City Centre?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey guys!
    I'm a student and wanting to take my girlfriend out to dinner, looking for a place that will please both the girlfriend and the wallet! No particular preference towards any particular type of food (Asian, European etc.)
    Any and all recommendations are well appreciated!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

you'll get a decent meal in a good (~boisterous ) atmosphere in the market bar for not a whole lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Try out one of the asian restaurants on Parnell Street. Real food, huge portions and dirt cheap. Took the wife and kids to one there last week for the first time and we were amazed at the quality and quantity of the food. The decor is usually pretty rough tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Yamamori is really good and relatively cheap.
    Best lunch in town in the Lunch bento imho.
    http://www.yamamorinoodles.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - If someone suggests the Kylemore Café on O'Connell Street just ignore them. While it may be cheap - remember that it is a café & not a restaurant. And despite what that same person may say - it is not romantic & doesn't have great views. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RyDar

Cheers Hill Billy, advice taken!

Would like some more names of specific places if at all possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Toscana on Dame St, Dublin 2 has a pretty impressive Lunch menu..

Starter, Glass of house wine or soda, main for 10 euro's and 3 euro's added on if you want a dessert. 13 euro a head for bang on food is right up my alley if you ask me. Meatballs are amazing. Canneloni is lovely too and their lasagna is delicious.

Their dinner offer is a touch more expensive so if you could rope her into a lunch mid week, it would beat another cliché dinner outings surely? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Green nineteen on camden street is great...

fantastic quality food, good mix - classic "fusion" (for want of a better word).

all mains are €10 and under and there is always something for everyone on the menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I'd try any of the early bird deals, The Larder on Parliment Street does a good one, lovely place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Jimmy Chungs buffet on Eden Quay is great value if you want to have some Chinese food. Its not going to be romantic but it can be fun going up trying different dishes that you wouldn't normally have. Think its about €35 for two people.

Have you tried any of the deals sites for restaurants? For instance city deals has 60e worth of Indian food for 24e and boards deals has a three course meal for two plus a bottle of wine for 40e. We have done a few of these deals and they are very good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

le bon crubeen on talbot street is lovely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I would second Green Nineteen and Yamamori.

Havana also do decent food and cocktails - main courses are around 12 euro and they do an early bird menu all night Mon-Wed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

The Port House on William st is great. Its tapas so when I go with the girlfriend we get about 5 tapas between us, desert each and a bottle of wine and the bill would not go over 60.

Its super romantic too so she will definitely be impressed!

http://www.porthouse.ie/

yamamori is lovely too but for lunch more than dinner!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love Madina on Mary Street, Indian food. It doesn't look much from the outside, but the food is delicious. I think last time I paid less that €35 for a starter, two mains, one naan, one rice and two Cokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Green nineteen and yamamori, both good quality and reasonable. Also pizza stop on chatham lane, off grafton st, pasta or pizza for around the tenner mark.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ooh also Ciao Bella Roma is lovely too. Haven't had their standard menu, but the early bird is great, between €12-15 I think. Starter, main of pizza or pasta and glass of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

what's your budget as some of the best restaurants in Dublin have pre theatre menus at around the 30 quid a head (total bill might be around 80), so if you like this girl she'd be well impressed.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Green 19 deff gets my vote as well.
    Wagamama might be a good option.

Went to Mitsuba last night with a CityDeal voucher and it was deadly. New Japanese place on Parnell St.
    Also, what are peeps thoughts on The Hop House?

Oooh and there's also a few lovely spots on Capel St, Italians.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Enoteca Delle Langhe in the Italian Quarter, Blooms Lane, Dublin 1

Soup of the Day, Crostini platter, Penne alla olive, Tortelloni. 32 euro's!
    Get a massive jug of water with lemon too so we didn't need to get anything to drink.

Easy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ristorante Romano, Capel Street (near GUBU/Pantibar).

Advertisement