Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsitute for mint

Options
  • 10-03-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi, just a quick question, I had planned on making tzatziki to go with lamb burgers tonight but just discovered my mint plant is dead and I won't be able to get to a supermarket tonight. The only herb I can think of replacing it with is basil, do you think it would work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Do you have coriander? That would work.

Else you could add parsley and put in some cumin, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper. I think that would be really nice with the lamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I used parsley, garlic and basil, it was very tasty. I added crumbled feta cheese into the lamb mince and made burgers, and had them on granary rolls with sliced beetroot, they were very tasty indeed! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Advertisement