Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on path to animation

Options
  • 10-03-2011 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a 10 year old daughter who is very talented at making clay animations. She has a passion for it but I have no idea if there is a career path that she can head down doing what she loves. If anyone knows of any camps or what she could major in college with these skills I would greatly appreciate it. I live in the U.S
    Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

At 10 there isn't a whole lot to focus on other then to keep drawing and being creative. Animation wither it's hand drawn, clay or computer is a built on strong observational skills. There are a few summer courses but they are focused on much older teenagers. Where abouts in the country are you based as there are a few places offering workshops that while not focused on animation would cover alot of the same areas and at her age she would just be looking to enjoy being creative.

College wise there are two animation degree courses in the country - the Irish school of animation at Ballyfermot College and IADT in Dún Laoghaire. There are a few one year portfolio courses around as well like Coláiste Dhúlaigh.

Advertisement