Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools

Options
  • 10-03-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi was just wondering could anyone give me a bit of info. seriously considering moving up around portnablagh creeslough direction but need to know about secondary schools that are near the area. im sure l would probably have to go as far as letterkenny. had a look at a few and i see they are all catholic, and was wondering would there be any problem with my child being protestant? probably stupid question but need to know if it would make anything difficult. Had a look at Coláiste Ailigh Scoil lan Gaeilge which looks like a great one for when my youngest grows up but my eldest is 13 and hasnt a word of Irish. So thats out the door lol.

Any info would be great on the matter

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

What about Pcc falcaragh,i think thats closer than letterkenny,maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

You should take a look at PCC Falcarragh. (Pobalscoil Cloich Cheannfhaola, Cloughaneely Community School).

A lot of the Creeslough students choose this school. Transport is provided.
    There is certainly no problem re: Religion. Protestants are more than welcome.

I can state this with certainty, since my children attend PCC.

I don't know much about the Letterkenny schools, though I think transport to Letterkenny is via the Swilly bus service. I wouldn't recommend that amount of travelling time, tbh.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Students in Creeslough go to either Letterkenny or Falcaragh, Creeslough would be more or less half ways between both places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Students in Creeslough go to either Letterkenny or Falcaragh, Creeslough would be more or less half ways between both places.

True. But the Swilly bus that services the Letterkenny students doesn't arrive back in Creeslough until 5.00 - 5.30ish, afaik. This is because it also services non-student passengers.
    I'll check with PCC what time Creeslough students can expect to arrive home at, and post later.

PM sent.

Advertisement