Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lap-top wont automatically connect to broadband?

• 10-03-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hey long time viewer but new enough poster
    right ..i have a phillips broadband box and up to before christmas the box when switched on would automatically connect my lap top to the internet but lately i have to switch on the box go to my laptop, go to network settings , click the wireless icon
    and it goes a little this
    lap top ======== wirless box === X=== phone line
    so then i have click the wireless box and then press "enable" and then the internet is perfect .
    but when i switch off the lap top after a while the internet signal dies (i know this coz my little brothers playstation network knocks out...
    can anyone explain exactly whats happening as this was never a problem before xmas ??????????????????????

woould it be something to with the actual box settings page ..as in 192.168.2.1 etc ????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm guessing you're running windows 7 as it gives that lovely infographic of the network layout.

Down the bottom right beside the time you should see a wireless icon (looks like a volume level icon). Click on that and then click on your connection. As far as I know there should be a checkbox to automatically connect whenever you power up your laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

had a friend who had a problem similar to this ie: would lose internet wilst playing online,he rang his provider &in short it was because he kept turning his broadband box on & off,he's left it on since&hasnt had a problem
    as post above there is a "connect auotmaticaly" tick box when you chose network

Advertisement