Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Board Game Club

Options
  • 10-03-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

does anyone here know of a Dublin Board Game club or would people be interested in getting one going?

a rough idea would be upstairs in a pub/cafe which have nice tables/seats and maybe storage area for board games.

i would be thinking along the lines of Settlers Of Catan, Risk, Monopoly, Scrabble, Battlestar Galactica. Anything would be welcome and if enough people were into it between us we could provide loadsa board games.

What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

My OH continually drags me to bars with collections of board games :) Great one in Toronto with the boards painted on the tables.

But that's all beside the point, I think it's a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i know of two really lovely pubs that have boards games in them.

they are on camden street and in stoneybatter, they both have a huge selection of beers and ales and do tasty tasty food...

the names of both have absolutely escaped me at this moment in time but i know the one on camden street is where da2/carnival used to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

tfak85 wrote: »
    i know of two really lovely pubs that have boards games in them.

they are on camden street and in stoneybatter, they both have a huge selection of beers and ales and do tasty tasty food...

the names of both have absolutely escaped me at this moment in time but i know the one on camden street is where da2/carnival used to be..

Camden Street one is called Against The Grain.

Seomra Spraoi do a games night every Monday as far as I'm aware. http://seomraspraoi.org/games-night-6/?searchterm=games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 djenzio

thanks for the tips guys

i might check out that one in Seomra Sprai. its a lovely room for it alright.

i found another one in the Dark Horse but seems a little more Warhammer. not my thing so much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Workman's has Kerplunk, Connect 4, Operation and Guess Who? on Sundays!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I think Cafe Moda in Rathmines has this one night a week. Another night they have knitters and I don't know what else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drerk

Was there a successful outcome on this? I'm new to Dublin and looking for a semi-regular board game group to join. Some favorites are Battlestar Galactica and Small World both of which i brought over with me.

hey derek

not much outcome but me and my girfriend are both up for getting one going if you are interested.

ill pm you about it

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

^^

Keep the rest of us up to date too...sounds like a good idea!

MD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drerk

Will do MD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Gamers Realm on Jervis street has tables that you can rent for the night to play games on. They also have a selection of games you can borrow.

This is a game shop and not a pub/cafe though. You can buy food there but it's chocolate bars and coke territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

anyone play backgammon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'd be interested too, can play Arkham Horror, Twilight Struggle, Labyrinth, Merchants & Marauders mainly.

great to see a lot of interest from people.

it would be great to get everyone together and get a weekly night going.

can anyone who is interested send me an email and let me know roughly what day/time would suit you to play and what games you have. We can keep this thread going/up to date as well so new people can get involved.

simonfrancisdowling@gmail.com

thanks guys and hopefully we can make this happen

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Regular Latte

djenzio wrote: »
    does anyone here know of a Dublin Board Game club or would people be interested in getting one going?

a rough idea would be upstairs in a pub/cafe which have nice tables/seats and maybe storage area for board games.

i would be thinking along the lines of Settlers Of Catan, Risk, Monopoly, Scrabble, Battlestar Galactica. Anything would be welcome and if enough people were into it between us we could provide loadsa board games.

What do people think?

I know the OP was a year ago, but did anything come of this??

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I know the OP was a year ago, but did anything come of this??

Thanks!
    not sure but check this forum,lots of gameboard geeks(:pac:).its the toys and boardgames forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1358

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

anyone play backgammon?
    I've played some on my iPad. I could be convinced to try it in real life.

I've recently taken delivery of Munchkin, if anyone fancies giving theat a go. I'd be willing to try other, more serious, card games, but am a complete beginner at them, I usually play scrabble.

I also have Thud, if anyone's up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Geeks fo Gaming runs once a month usually a Saturday/Sunday afternoon.
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/113880755605874125714/posts
    Far as I know the venus is usually the Black Sheep pub.

Advertisement