Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Giles €15 offer for Ireland v Uruguay match

• 10-03-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was looking on a ticket site when I saw tickets on sale for the Ireland v Uruguay friendly match. They said either enter your code for the John Giles Irish Independant offer or Evening Herald offer. Does anyone know about this offer and is it still available?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Sorry christo unfortunately I do not have an answer for you. I would however really appreciate if anybody has either of the codes that they might share them with us. On ticketmaster, it is not possible to buy tickets for this match unless you have the code, which is very strange because surely it wont sell out

So on that note, giving this an old *bump* still looking for information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sorry christo unfortunately I do not have an answer for you. I would however really appreciate if anybody has either of the codes that they might share them with us. On ticketmaster, it is not possible to buy tickets for this match unless you have the code, which is very strange because surely it wont sell out

So on that note, giving this an old *bump* still looking for information
    What the hell? I know you can't buy an individual Euro ticket, but you can't either for the friendly unless you buy some newspaper?

What the hell FAI, just what the hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is it anyone who is doing the walk of dreams gets in cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You can still buy the premium tickets for €45 on Ticketmaster without the code for the Johnny Giles offer.

Not sure what the story is with the Giles offer, whether its still available or what.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004633855029F1?artistid=948975&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=741

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Will Suarez be playing????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fittle wrote: »
    Will Suarez be playing????

Thankfully not, he picked up an 'injury' near the end of the Sunderland game

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Thankfully not, he picked up an 'injury' near the end of the Sunderland game

Aw he's the only Uraguayian we know...will give that match a miss so;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fittle wrote: »
    Aw he's the only Uraguayian we know...will give that match a miss so;)

forlan.jpg?w=661&h=440

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Wouldn't mind going to this if it was €15, but after the Norway disaster I'd be hesitant paying premium prices for a friendly game again.

L'prof wrote: »
    forlan.jpg?w=661&h=440

Whoops! I stand corrected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wouldnt mind going myself but €15 is the max i'd pay in to see it. How they expect anyone to pay €45 to see a friendly is beyond me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Forget Suarez and Forlan, I think Diego Perez was the unsung hero of Uruguay last year. I'd say he could probably handle the pitiful Irish midfield singlehanded without breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Just ordered 2 tickets now, they have to be bought in pairs and only seem to be available in the smaller north stand behind goal. €15 each is a great price (and service charge is €1.50 per ticket)
    I took a wild guess - the promo code is - walkofdreams :D

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pfft, I see your Suarez, Forlan and Perez and raise you an infinitely better footballer...

Edinson-Cavani-Moves-from-Palermo-to-Napoli.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

€33 for 2 tickets isn't bad but I won't be going because I'm personally boycotting that ridiculous looking North Stand :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I would have bought two if they weren't in Row A RIGHT behind the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Pfft, I see your Suarez, Forlan and Perez and raise you an infinitely better footballer...

Edinson-Cavani-Moves-from-Palermo-to-Napoli.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Better than Suarez yeah? Wake the fk up man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Better than Suarez yeah?

Much, much better. Struggling to think of a striker in world football that he's not better than at the moment tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Better than Suarez yeah? Wake the fk up man!

blinkerPlain_lgethumb.jpg

Advertisement