Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4 V`S nexus

Options
  • 10-03-2011 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

I have the choice of the 16GB Iphone or the Nexus. I dont really know a lot about them. Whats anaroid???. I even see a forum about it. I always thought it had something to do with a headache..:o

Anyway which is better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

The nexus uses the latest version of the 'Android' OS. Here is the dedicated forum for it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

Both quality phones. I am guessing most people will recommend you go for the iPhone but a lot of people swear by Android handsets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

DRose1 wrote: »
    The nexus uses the latest version of the 'Android' OS. Here is the dedicated forum for it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

Both quality phones. I am guessing most people will recommend you go for the iPhone but a lot of people swear by Android handsets...

Cheers that forum is like double dutch...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

-Corkie- wrote: »
    If the forum is giving you a headache, I would probably recommend you go with the iPhone. Its OS is simpler to use imo.

If you are willing to be a little more patient and use some more trial and error, there is a lot more functionality with Android imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Get the iPhone so.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I think I will get the iphone. I have a ipad allready but I never use it.

I suppose the 32gb would be the best one to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I think I will get the iphone. I have a ipad allready but I never use it.

I suppose the 32gb would be the best one to get?

If you need 32gb, yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

depends on your needs.

iPhone is app centric but good experience

Android is easier to customize and make it more personal while still retaining your warranty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

You're thinking of adenoids, I think!

Personally I would go for the iPhone (I have both). It's more stable, has better battery life and far more apps, arguably of better quality. If you have a iPad already you will know how to use the iPhone straight away, there is a hige learning curve with Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

bd250110 wrote: »
    there is a hige learning curve with Android.

I disagree. The only major difference between the two is that on the iPhone you have all the apps on the homescreen.

Where on the android you have an app drawer. And you can choose what you want on your homescreen. As well as having widgets to provide various info you need

Well folks. I ordered the iphone anyway and I will have it next week.. I will get the iphone 5 then when its released.

Thanks for all the help!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

depends on your needs.

iPhone is app centric but good experience

Android is easier to customize and make it more personal while still retaining your warranty :)

Oh, don't talk rot. Jailbreaking doesn't void the warranty.

OK I got my Iphone today and plugged it in etc. I am just home and I took my sim out of my Nokia phone but for some reason I cannot get it into the slot. The slot is more like a SD card slot but it definitley says in the instructions that the sim goes here..:confused::confused:.

I got it in a bit of the way as I didnt want to force it. Are they all tight like this and should I put some force on it???

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

OK I got my Iphone today and plugged it in etc. I am just home and I took my sim out of my Nokia phone but for some reason I cannot get it into the slot. The slot is more like a SD card slot but it definitley says in the instructions that the sim goes here..:confused::confused:.

I got it in a bit of the way as I didnt want to force it. Are they all tight like this and should I put some force on it???
    You'll have to get your network to provide you with a micro-SIM to fit into the iPhone 4.

Standard SIM's are too big. The standard SIM can be cut to suit, though it's probably best to get a new one from your network.

byte wrote: »
    You'll have to get your network to provide you with a micro-SIM to fit into the iPhone 4.

Standard SIM's are too big. The standard SIM can be cut to suit, though it's probably best to get a new one from your network.

Cheers Byte. Wouldnt ya think the fool in the shop would have told me that..:(

Advertisement