Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shaver lights

• 10-03-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads u know the shaver lights would they work off a 12v leisure battery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

It would depend on the voltage of your Light. Is it a household unit you bought. If so you will need an inverter to power the unit when not on a hook up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

It was in the van already it has a switch that says 115 and 230 if that means anything

The unit you have installed in your motorhome is a mains unit and will only work when you are pluged into 220V. If you want it to work I suggest you wire it into an inverter.

Ah right so when it's plugged into the generator or mains hook up it will work. I get ya. Can you suggest any other lighting I could get

• Advertisement

You can have a look www.12volt.com.au/
    or you can ramble down to Charles Camping.

Cheers man. Next question for ya. If the shavers are already installed to the main elecs can I just replace them with a 12v light and connect them to the electrics instead if the shaver? It's just the shaver lights look stupid

I dont know how many of these lights are installed in your camper . You will NOT be able to put in 12v tubes in them as it appears that they are wired for 220v electricity. I suggest that you visit an auto electrician in your area and he will be able to sort the problem for you.

These lamps are OK

• Advertisement
Advertisement