Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census

• 10-03-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Anybody else get their Census form today? RTE are saying the distribution of forms doesn't start until tomorrow. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Got ours today and I think you're in the same estate as myself if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nothing here anyways

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Heard on Facebook training doesn't finish until tomorrow for one person. Guess you were lucky. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

kensutz wrote: »
    Got ours today and I think you're in the same estate as myself if I'm not mistaken.
    I think you're right.
    Sully wrote: »
    Heard on Facebook training doesn't finish until tomorrow for one person. Guess you were lucky. :p
    Well I don't know if I'd call it lucky. Probably won't be me filling it out though. :pac: The actual census night is the 10th April so we'll probably have lost the form by then anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mousehouse

well if you loose the form, you will just be handed another one when your enumerator comes back around to collect it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Got ours. Grace Dieu.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Nothing in hillview anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

dazftw wrote: »
    Got ours. Grace Dieu.

I'm in Grace Dieu too and haven't seen any yet.

If you don't get one do you have to go and get one or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

They won't all be delivered till early April, it's a big job to get round everyone in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

D'mother tells me Cherrymount had theirs on thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Adyx wrote: »
    we'll probably have lost the form by then anyway.

The later you get them the less chances you lose them.
    I'd say most enumerators started this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm always away that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Got mine yesterday from a chirpy chap at about 10.00 am! I was taken by surprise at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Thesafetyman

Each enumerator has upwards of 500 forms to deliver. Depending on geography and other logistics it can take about three weeks to complete the delivery. Dont worry, you will get a call eventually.The same time frame will exist for collection afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i got the job as enumerator this year and have 480 odd forms to deliver between now and the 10th of april.
    so it will take me a while to get through them all as they have to be delivered in person and not through letter box plus there are forms and data that has to be filled out for every form that is delivered.
    so just sit tight and if you didnt get you will in the coming weeks.

any questions feel free not to ask me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Trophywife

How are you getting on Sungod? Im working in the cavan area as an enumerator. Have 60 forms given out so far, its hard enough working in that weather....bloody raining the last 3 days here...hope it stops!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hi Trophywife i only my crates on friday evening and went out before the rain yesterday i called to about 35 house but only delivered 20 forms.
    im thinking about heading out after dinner to try catch people home on sunday afternoon.
    it takes a bit of getting used too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you know anyone that was canvassing for a party for the election, ask them for tips on how to catch people in areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Well I for one will not be filling in mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

dare i ask why not

• Advertisement

Frynge wrote: »
    dare i ask why not

Because I don't want to give out any of my private personal information. The State has no right to do this whatsoever.

unfortunate to hear that V

Frynge wrote: »
    unfortunate to hear that V

They'll probbaly threaten me with a fine but I heard they rarely follow it up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Because I don't want to give out any of my private personal information. The State has no right to do this whatsoever.

Good stuff, fight the system!
    and when in a few years facilities have not been made available in your area for your needs you can come here and complain.

The census exists for a good reason and the results of which are not made available to the public for around 100 years.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Good stuff, fight the system!
    and when in a few years facilities have not been made available in your area for your needs you can come here and complain.

The census exists for a good reason and the results of which are not made available to the public for around 100 years.

I want nothing from the state and I won't come here to complain about lack of facilitites or somesuch.

The state can mind it's own business just like I mind mine.

wrong place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I want nothing from the state and I won't come here to complain about lack of facilitites or somesuch.

FIGHT THE POWAH! Have you any children? or plan on avoiding illness for your whole life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Sure, sorry, do you live in a house? How is it serviced - water, power, sewage etc? No? Ok.

Is there a road outside your house? I presume you don't use it? Nice magic carpet you have there eh? No streetlights or signage on this road either?
    Did you have a state provided education? Will your children?
    Do you pay taxes? Receive social welfare? No, OK.
    Watch TV? RTE is a bit sh1t....I agree with you, TV licence is a bad idea.
    You have internet? Well of course - you are on Boards!
    Ever go on holidays? How did that lack of passport work out for you?
    Oh, you never used an airport? - Or a port?, or a train????? or a bus???????

Do you pretend to be an anarchist? Or do you just like to stick it to the man?
    The man sleeps poorly tonight....
    Tell me again, how do you get on in this little imaginary one man island of yours?:)
    Meh, modern society - who needs it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

We got our census form about half an hour ago.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    FIGHT THE POWAH! Have you any children? or plan on avoiding illness for your whole life?

No I don't have children and when I'm ill I pay for it with my own money. Do you?

Advertisement