Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

gman2k wrote: »
    Sure, sorry, do you live in a house? How is it serviced - water, power, sewage etc? No? Ok.

I pay for those things via taxes.

Is there a road outside your house? I presume you don't use it? Nice magic carpet you have there eh? No streetlights or signage on this road either?

Yes, there is and again my taxes pay for those. They even pay for roads that I never use.
    Did you have a state provided education? Will your children?
    Do you pay taxes? Receive social welfare? No, OK.

No I receive not one single penny from taxpayers. Do you?

Watch TV? RTE is a bit sh1t....I agree with you, TV licence is a bad idea.
    You have internet? Well of course - you are on Boards!
    Ever go on holidays? How did that lack of passport work out for you?
    Oh, you never used an airport? - Or a port?, or a train????? or a bus???????

As if government is the only option for providing your entertainment.
    Do you pretend to be an anarchist? Or do you just like to stick it to the man?
    The man sleeps poorly tonight....
    Tell me again, how do you get on in this little imaginary one man island of yours?:)
    Meh, modern society - who needs it!

You are a statist, you rely on others for your lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    No I don't have children and when I'm ill I pay for it with my own money. Do you?

Privately insured patients still need doctors, nurses and consultants and a place to place a bed with all that gear. You are NOT an island.

mike65 wrote: »
    Privately insured patients still need doctors, nurses and consultants and a place to place a bed with all that gear. You are NOT an island.

Yes I know that, thanks to statists like you. At least I pay my own way. Do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

You are a statist, you rely on others for your lifestyle.

Shure......
    I'm actually a realist, and am in touch with reality, not pretending I'm living outside 'the machine'
    Fight The War, Fcuk The Norm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And this is your business in what way? I'm doing my civil duty and filling my census out.

I like the way I'm being insulted as a statist! I'm far from a statist but I do recognise the need for public and private systems to work off data that is at least approximate to the reality of the state. Guesswork is very expensive and the PS is bad enough with stats - consider what they'd waste with no current data to work with.

Now get to bed you have school in the morning.

• Advertisement

gman2k wrote: »
    Shure......
    I'm actually a realist, and am in touch with reality, not pretending I'm living outside 'the machine'
    Fight The War, Fcuk The Norm!

Whatever statist. You can't provide for youself let alone other people. You are a sponger, so you have to rob others.

Are you Proud?

mike65 wrote: »
    And this is your business in what way? I'm doing my civil duty and filling my census out.

I like the way I'm being insulted as a statist! I'm far from a statist but I do recognise the need for public and private systems to work off data that is at least approximate to the reality of the state. Guesswork is very expensive and the PS is bad enough with stats - consider what they'd waste with no current data to work with.

Now get to bed you have school in the morning.

You are a fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Whatever statist. You can't provide for youself let alone other people. You are a sponger, so you have to rob others.

Are you Proud?

Whatever Anti-statist :D

And no, I'm not a sponger, because I'm a realist, and therefore realise, that for everyone to get along nicely, we need a controlled society, well run and orderly, where roads are built where people need them, schools are provided where children are etc etc etc.
    How does the state know where to put these services???
    THROUGH THE CENSUS.
    Now, be a good anti-statist and fill in the form:D
    It's really for your own good you know, and nobody will look at your details in particular, not even 'The Man';)
    And maybe in 100 years, your little anti-statist grand children can look up your details on line and say - didn't he do well:pac:
    Cheers Bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Finnbar01 banned.

Advertisement