Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Braga v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    He jumped using Skrtel as leverage - is that a foul?

Its genius is what it is...

PS! stop thinking what im thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Carroll is a cracking player. I'm not looking forward to facing him next weekend, especially considering our inability to defend set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    He jumped using Skrtel as leverage - is that a foul?

lol, I was wondering this too ? Surely it is or you would have players getting a boost all the time from set pieces ?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Without exaggerating too much, Andy Carroll is the greatest footballer i have ever seen!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Is the difference Carroll encouraging hoofs or Poulsen coming off...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We have found a use for Jovanovic/Poulsen etc;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Carroll looking very eager....hope N'gog is taking note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

opr wrote: »
    lol, I was wondering this too ? Surely it is or you would have players getting a boost all the time from set pieces ?

Opr

I remember this debate before with Gramham Poll or something on Sky, he said it could be classed as ungentlemanly conduct.

In saying that, I think on this occassion the ref thought it was a braga player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

joe is looking a little bit lively...has not come to much yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Having spearing in cm has upped the tempo of the team, having poulsen and lucas in there was a bit too defensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think the difference that Carroll has made in the last few minutes has just ended Poulsen's Liverpool career!

different team since our number 29 came on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Liverpool have been so much better since Carroll came on. He's given the attack a focal point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Carroll looking very eager....hope N'gog is taking note

He ate NGog before he came on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

skrtel !...stop it, just stop it. Two left feet.

skrtel actually doesnt know what to do

Woeful couple of minutes from Skrtel in terms of distribution from the back....he's like the Anti-Agger

101001 wrote: »
    skrtel actually doesnt know what to do

We have to sell him in the summer. he is clueless and has absolutely zero composure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I am pie wrote: »
    skrtel !...stop it, just stop it. Two left feet.

Skrtel and the Greek is a well dodgy defense

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »
    We have to sell him in the summer. he is clueless and has absolutely zero composure...

He usen't be that bad though...

he's painful to watch !

Is there any chance of seeing pacheco here ! Cole really has done nothing, apart from show enthusiasm. Not good enough, give pacheco a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

This is horrible...get Pacheco on

he's painful to watch !

Is there any chance of seeing pacheco here ! Cole really has done nothing, apart from show enthusiasm. Not good enough, give pacheco a go.

Pacheco isn't even the best player in the reserve team, why should he get a go. This Pacheco bollox is irritating. He's played 3 or 4 games and has been anonymous.

Bowlardo wrote: »

I think it's a confidence issue with him, I though he was quite good in his first couple of seasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I remember the Guardian turned the word 'Heskey' into a verb a few years ago (to describe a sh1t first touch)....can see something similar happening with Skrtel

ie. "Vidic was under huge pressure and, despite losing his footing, managed to skrtel the ball towards the half-way line"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A penny for kennys thoughts after the peno went in..........

ap-509a55df53544b78906520f892044ca4.jpg

Obaraten wrote: »
    How does this score leave Liverpool at the moment?

1-0 and amazingly aggregate is 1-0 as it's the first leg!

Obaraten wrote: »
    How does this score leave Liverpool at the moment?
    1-0 down going into the home leg at anfield?

FFS...I think he's worth a go, i also think he did more in those few appearances than i've seen from Joe Cole.

The other lads are a bit young, he deserves a go.

Hence the 'bollox' calls for him to get him a game.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cole is bloody awful. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Stirling would do a good job out there fpr us tonight. The guys are lightweight enough, and stirling would get in about them, get at them, and would more than likely create something. Plus its a nothing leg really, so no harm done by giving him a run out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Joe Cole is such a rubbish player. No heart no skill no hope. Plain rubbish.

FFS...I think he's worth a go, i also think he did more in those few appearances than i've seen from Joe Cole.

The other lads are a bit young, he deserves a go.

Hence the 'bollox' calls for him to get him a game.

Joe Cole is a good player playing poorly. He might come good again. Pacheco is not good enough. End of story. I've watched him in the reserves, he's ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Piss poor

Spearing is just pointless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If the Sparta Prague and Braga away games are a yardstick under Dalglish in Europe, it's not looking good...

was joe cole always this slow? i remember him able to beat players....he also appears to have developed the robbie keane syndrome.....where he he's legs and arms are moving really fast giving the impression that he is quick when he fact he is slow as a wet week with a fat arse on him to boot!

Ah Cole has a bit of skill, but no pace and his passing is a bit wayward. He has nothing to offer our team. Wonder if we could punt him on to West Ham !..swap him for Parker.

• Advertisement

I think this game will be the end of those saying that Gerrard should be dropped.

Midfield with Spearing creates nothing.

Cole also doesn't look like he has it anymore.....should have paid heed to the fact that Chelsea let him run his contract down!

Joe Cole is a good player playing poorly. He might come good again. Pacheco is not good enough. End of story. I've watched him in the reserves, he's ordinary.

I disagree with everything you've said there, Cole extremely ordinary. Pacheco looked good to me in the reserves, and it has to be said they must rate him as he is close to the 1st team.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Joe Cole - I'd be happy never to see him in a pool jersey again - seriously disappointed with him in every game I've seen him. Ordinary is the only word to describe him.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think this game will be the end of those saying that Gerrard should be dropped.

Midfield with Spearing creates nothing.

Cole also doesn't look like he has it anymore.....should have paid heed to the fact that Chelsea let him run his contract down!

He was offered a contract with chelsea and because Spearing creates nothing doesnt negate the Gerrard arguments

That is a RED all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Gotta feel 4 the fans who made the journey to watch this tripe. How isn't that a red card

I disagree with everything you've said there, Cole extremely ordinary. Pacheco looked good to me in the reserves, and it has to be said they must rate him as he is close to the 1st team.

You never watched Cole playing at Chelsea or with England but you reckon a few decent performances from Pacheco at reserve level makes him a better choice. Nonsense, watch some football.

101001 wrote: »
    He was offered a contract with chelsea and because Spearing creates nothing doesnt negate the Gerrard arguments

It does negate the Gerrard arguments if we only have Spearing to replace him with.

Chelsea may have offered a contract but half hearted and did not fight to keep him.....if he was that good they would not have let him go at any cost!

Its the same old story out wide really, meireles has been every bit as meh as cole tonight. Cole aint a left winger and meireles aint a right winger, simples. Needs to be sorted in the summer.

• Advertisement

glad that is over - we should turn them over at Anfield next Thursday

Advertisement