Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Braga v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I feel Joke just needs a few more games :pac:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

As was said in the superthread, there was a creative black hole in midfield, never stood a chance of scoring until carroll.came on. Even then, we didnt look up to it. Ah well, roll on next thursday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

The positive was Carroll, he won almost everything in the air and laid on some neat passes. His touch was decent too. I can see him dovetailing beautifully with Suarez and Kuyt.

Krygiakos should be really disappointed with himself, clumsy, lazy and costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Flips sake, I have to say Joe Cole is the biggest chancer in football. 100k a week for that? Carroll made a difference for about 5 mins, the whole set up wasn't able to use him properly (note to Dalglish buy a winger). Hopefully Braga will travel as well as they did in the CL (and as badly as most Portuguse teams do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

murpho999 wrote: »
    It does negate the Gerrard arguments if we only have Spearing to replace him with.

That was always the case and i dont think anyone has ever thought that Spearing was anything other than ordinary albeit with heart. But the Gerrard misgivings might have softened a bit after the Man Utd game. He managed to discipline himself enough to stay in Midfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

A midfield of Lucas-Spearing-Meireles-Cole is unbelievably poor. There is no creativity and tonight no ball retention. Carroll looked promising before the cowardly assault at the end there. Kenny will need some cash to splash in the summer. I like Kuyt because he's always trying to create something and hunts down everything, but tonight got no support from the middle of the park. This tie is finely balanced now because if they go a goal down, I feel they could score and could go through on away goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Cole seems to have no confidence in his left foot's ability.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

murpho999 wrote: »
    It does negate the Gerrard arguments if we only have Spearing to replace him with.

When you play Meireles on the right, yes.

Kuyt/Gerrard Lucas Meireles Maxi/Cole

Can get by without him. Or play him on the right

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Again, great to see more of Carroll. I think himself and Suarez will partner very well.
    The game was nothing short of boring for the most, picking up when Carroll came on.

I know we will come out at Anfield but for once I would like an away game with excitement and passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That new No.29 isn't too bad.

Missed the first half but impressed by the second, pity no Suarez, would have made a hell of a difference.

Kenny calling it as it is: "poor first half".

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

The positive was Carroll, he won almost everything in the air and laid on some neat passes. His touch was decent too. I can see him dovetailing beautifully with Suarez and Kuyt.

Krygiakos should be really disappointed with himself, clumsy, lazy and costly.

The thing I was noticing about Carroll was that he causes anarchy... We need someone composed for the resulting ball. He managed to get the Ball down but the second ball people chased, or couldnt control and it bobbled away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, that elbow on Carroll that should have resulted in a red card. Maybe we can just focus on that for a few pages to deflect from the performance. It seems to be the fashion this week.

I mean, if Kaka gets the red card there, that would have changed the sequence of events that followed and we could have got a draw or even a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I'm sorry but if you play Carroll in a side with no width then you get the tripe of a second half we just seen.

As soon as we got the ball in their half it was head down and pump the ball forward .. Rubbish .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

monkey9 wrote: »
    Lads, that elbow on Carroll that should have resulted in a red card. Maybe we can just focus on that for a few pages to deflect from the performance. It seems to be the fashion this week.

I mean, if Kaka gets the red card there, that would have changed the sequence of events that followed and we could have got a draw or even a win.
    I see what you did there

Braga were your typical Portuguse cheats sad to say, (though I've yet to see Raul Meireles commit an underhand act) they were pathetic and yes clearly an elbow in Carrolls face that should have been red. The ref was pretty awful all the way through, no end of stop/start.

Mister men wrote: »
    I see what you did there

I just couldn't help it!!! :pac:

mixednuts wrote: »
    I'm sorry but if you play Carroll in a side with no width then you get the tripe of a second half we just seen.

As soon as we got the ball in their half it was head down and pump the ball forward .. Rubbish .

At least it was an option, we didn't do anything at all in the first half.

mixednuts wrote: »

Ah it was an away EC game, I was impressed by the second half but Jaysus the crossing was dire.

I'd say if that had been a red Carrol would have gone on to get a hat trick. Match turned on it.

Good to see Liverpool fans not using it as an excuse. We are classy like that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

mike65 wrote: »
    Braga were your typical Portuguse cheats sad to say, (though I've yet to see Raul Meireles commit an underhand act) they were pathetic and yes clearly an elbow in Carrolls face that should have been red. The ref was pretty awful all the way through, no end of stop/start.

A long line of Portugese cheats, Mike. You have your Ronaldo's, your Mourinho's, the Portugese FA forging passports for Brazilian players. Where does it end.

The ref was obviously influenced. Something was fishy about it all tonight!! We never stood a chance.

Hopefully we get a fair crack of the whip next week at Anfield.

Braga 3 - 0 Celtic with the same ref, thats all the proof I needed! :p

• Advertisement

A long line of Portugese cheats, Mike. You have your Ronaldo's, your Mourinho's, the Portugese FA forging passports for Brazilian players. Where does it end.

The ref was obviously influenced. Something was fishy about it all tonight!! We never stood a chance.

Hopefully we get a fair crack of the whip next week at Anfield.

And word has it the IMF are coming in there too. They really are terrible people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Aw lads,ye crack me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I take it Liverpool lost so ya?

Liverpool didnt lose,they were cheated out of the win..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Liverpool lose a game and suddenly the whole of Portugal is at fault?:eek::D:D

Liverpool lose a game and suddenly the whole of Portugal is at fault?:eek::D:D

Yup,as usual,the victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And here comes the stirring

I take it Liverpool lost so ya?

drogba.gif

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any stats (real or imagined) about how we've done in the League in the next game after the Europa Cup game?

We should be going in to the Sunderland game on a high after hammering ManYoo but instead we'll have this crap most recent in the memory. Soul destroying stuff...playing on a Thursday is a joke anyway but these 6pm kick-offs are just taking the mickey

Dont play Sunderland until after the 2nd leg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mike65 wrote: »

I presume this is some kind of wind-up?

"The Portuguese are cheats, except our one."

LOL.

We were cheated. Simple as that. We didn't play as well as we could have, but the ref. The ref!!! :rolleyes:

But at least ye won yer cup final anyhow.Thats what matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Awful game, awful performance.

Should be able to turn it around at home, but it depends on which team shows up.

Attitude will be much more important than personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

barryd09 wrote: »
    But at least ye won yer cup final anyhow.Thats what matters.

Good to see you still have that bitter taste in your mouth from Sunday.

Anyway overall performance was poor, clear to see the lack of quality in important area's. We can't cope with a few injuries. Id say we'll turn em over next week. Cannot wait for the summer clear-out & fresh faces

Good to see you still have that bitter taste in your mouth from Sunday.

No bitter taste in my mouth chief,I can accept a defeat,unlike some on here (& other forums) crying conspiracy at every defeat.

What i stated was a fact too,Sunday was your cup final.It is every year.

Lose to West Ham 3-1
    Beat United 3-1
    Lose to Braga 1-0

See?Cup final.

• Advertisement

1-0 isn't the worst Away, it's a Braga team that beat Benfica last week and Celtic, Sevilla and Arsenal in the CL.

0-0 obviously would have been better, just means we've to score 2 and not let them concede. Carrol might get a start next time.

No bitter taste in my mouth chief,I can accept a defeat,unlike some on here (& other forums) crying conspiracy at every defeat.

Lose to West Ham 3-1
    Beat United 3-1
    Lose to Braga 1-0

See?Cup final.

No, im afraid your wrong. We are just not very consistent. Im sure your well aware of how our season has gone so far? What about the results before the West Ham game. Alot of Cup Finals won there, if we're to take your rational.

It's clear we are weak on the road because the squad is no where near as strong as it should be. You should be more interested in your own team & how ye get on in all 'the cup finals' ye have comin up. Especially after losing yer last 2 games. It's not nice losing is it

Lose to West Ham 3-1
    Beat United 3-1
    Lose to Braga 1-0

See?Cup final.

Well done, Muppet. You have spawned another one. Who fed this one after midnight??

Well done, Muppet. You have spawned another one. Who fed this one after midnight??

Go easy, he's still a tad sore after Sunday, poor fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Got what we deserved really. Was clear from the beginning that we had no real ambitions of actually winning the game, let alone finishing the tie off as we really should of been doing, given how poor a side we were up against. Really disappointing from Kenny in that sense

But at least we're finding out a little more about the players that really have no business being at the club past this season, and others who really need to be relegated to squad members and no more. Carra, Skrtel, Soto, Poulsen, Spearing, Kuyt, Cole. Average average players.

• Advertisement

Go easy, he's still a tad sore after Sunday, poor fella

Stop feeding him

In fairness to BarryD09, I also like to stick crayons up my nose!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lose to West Ham 3-1
    Beat United 3-1
    Lose to Braga 1-0

See?Cup final.

thats football, west ham especially wanted it more than man utd did against liverpool, scott parker > man utds entire midfield based on that one performance

a 1-1 draw would have been a reflection of tonights game, cole should have got a penalty and the braga lad should have walked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

el dude wrote: »
    Got what we deserved really. Was clear from the beginning that we had no real ambitions of actually winning the game, let alone finishing the tie off as we really should of been doing, given how poor a side we were up against.

but they ain't that poor especially at home they are a decent side and liverpools record in portugal is awful last 20 years, braga at home this season have beaten arsenal, celtic, sevilla and benfica so no pushovers

I think the Opta stat was we got 2 out of 16 attempted crosses and corners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Average enough team, Liverpool should have no problem in progressing.

But Liverpool are average:D

BRAGA LOL

BERBA wrote: »
    But Liverpool are average:D

BRAGA LOL

Bookmark it, the most intelliegent post young 18 year old Berba will make.

God love this f*cker when Harry takes over the England job in August 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BERBA wrote: »

BRAGA LOL

Braga **** on Sevilla in Seville this season, good darkhorse bet to win it outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Bookmark it, the most intelliegent post young 18 year old Berba will make.

God love this f*cker when Harry takes over the England job in August 2012.

Stop crying will ya , ye should beat that lot next week simply because they less average than ye;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

K-9 wrote: »
    1-0 isn't the worst Away, it's a Braga team that beat Benfica last week and Celtic, Sevilla and Arsenal in the CL.

0-0 obviously would have been better, just means we've to score 2 and not let them concede. Carrol might get a start next time.

Jaysus, that'll take some doing.:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement