Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

Options
  • 10-03-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Hope Mods dont mind me posting this here.
    Howya Folks,
    Lyons tea are currently running a story telling competition which you can view online http://www.lyonstea.ie/tellusyourstory/ . People tell their funny stories and the public vote. The winning story teller gets €10,000

Currently Rush man Seamus "Shay" Hanratty is in second place and would appreciate your vote.
    Shay has pledged €5,000 to St. Luke’s Hospital where his brother, Pascal is currently receiving treatment.

Most locals will know Shay a local Plummer by trade but also a brilliant magician, a good crack and all round nice fella.

So why not log on to www.lyonstea.ie and give Shay your vote while the kettle is boiling

Maybe you can get a few more to vote for Shay

Thanks
    LeoB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Done. Best of luck to the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Done good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

voted a few times.....he looks familiar.......is he from the old part of rush.....if ye know what i mean.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

voted a few times.....he looks familiar.......is he from the old part of rush.....if ye know what i mean.:o

He sure is from the old part of Rush. Red hair. Shay is a great charachter and fairly well known. He is a superb magician and I often wonder why he never went at it full time. Shay is little more than 5ft in height but he has a great presence and is very witty. Great to meet out when there are kids around as he would have them mesmerasied with his gags. His mother Kathleen was well known in Drama circles and played some great roles with Millbank Theatre alongside the late Joe Murtagh and Brendan Dillon

His brother who is ill Pascal, worked for many years in Uncle Georges pet shop. He to was a great entertainer and I remember him well in a variety show put on by the scouts in the old library many years ago. Also an excellent footballer but gave it up when he was about 18.

I only heard about this today and would love to see him winning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Done.

Hope Shay wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

2 votes from me. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Does anyone know how to put up a campaign on face book? Would be a good way for him to get votes.

Thanks for all your support.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

....always check whats in the bag first!! :D

done - now 404 votes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Done ! 5 worthy votes added, and have asked the family to push it to their friends and facebook friends.

Best of Luck Shay !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Done, and Ill add it to my facebook.cathy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Done, and I've put the clip on my FB page with a link for voting. Best of luck to Shay, love the story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Just voted for that story Leo.
    Added it to my own facebook page too.

Good Luck Shay!!!!

Advertisement